SHLOOGY's quest

• shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      HI frnedos ! :)
      I decided that i want to take my game seriously, want to be able to make a living out of poker.and i will take any help i can get (also try to give ..:)

I am playing NL50 SSS full ring. my bankroll is about 1300K.
      I know that i have more than 50 buy ins and that i can measly make an advance towards NL100 but i have came acrossed that i do many mistakes which makes profit way harder.

so i just recently (today) i found out that i have many leaks and that i am taking many close decisions which make variance bigger than it should, and sometimes the decisions are incorrect.

i have found out that in order to become more successful i will have to know the PFR per position, a feature that i currently dont have, I know that in Elephant this feature can be found, but the HUD is simply misplacing.didnt get reply about that one on software section.

i will also start posting hands.GL everyone and to me :)

hope to get some support from u guys!

--Edit--
      i guess i didnt explain myself well on this part - i use PT3 and it works perfectly, but i can not see the PFR per position.
      as for poker elephant software - its misplacing the HUD, but has the PFR per position.
  • 34 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Good luck! which poker platform are you playing assuming your HUD doesnt work?
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      it could be because of the minitables?

anyway I'm actually in a very similar situation like you, I have a 1.2k bankroll, but I've just yesterday decided to go to NL100.

I'm really curious what leaks have you found in your play, maybe I have the same ones and didn't yet came across them.
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      well where are u playing at?
      i think when it comes to a very close situations, like for instance, u pfr with AK when u have 20bb and got RR from a solid player the very best thing to do is to fold it.belive it or not.lost more then 10bi on that situation. also, free plays are one of the most dangerous ones, if u can avoid them - u should.

what is your winrate on NL50? on how many hands? and where do u play?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I dont want to piss on your bonfire, but before you even think about playing for a living, you've got to play BSS. SSS IMO is only for BR building. You say you have many leaks, worry about fixing them before you even try to make a living.

I haven't seen your stats or graphs, you might be great at SSS, for all I know. Its hard to comment on how your doing without the stats and graphs, as you have PT3, you should post these!

I'm sorry if this all sounds harsh, but if you try and play for a living any time soon, I think you'll be making a mistake. You should reach for an absolute minimum NL200 BSS IMO, before even thinking about being a pro.

GL on your quest, sry for the harshness
      Stiev
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      My winrate on NL50 is 1BB/100 hands or 1$/100 hands over 60k hands.

It's true what you said for AK, but still that situation does not bother me as much as this one.

You have AK raise PF and get one caller.

The flop comes 47J rainbow, you bet cca. 2/3 of the pot as conti. bet and villan pushes all in, you commited like half of your stack and forced to go all in with two overcards. Villan has either a PP or 34s-78s, and has just made a pair.

Now is this a call or a fold.

edit: oh and I play on iPoker
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      well it depends,usually c\raise is not good for us, but if the flop is such dry i prefer folding it and start "recovery mode"
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      ok so i have set myself goals for this week:

each day i will play 3k hands and show them graphs.cant wait to go to the next limit already.
      i also noticed that despite the fact that the real donkeys are at pokerstars, the rake is just killin' me! i mean the rakeback at full tilt is a lot a money that im losing if i play on stars...harsh..
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Ok show us those graphs :p
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      thanks for interesting! can' show them graphs because PT always crash when i choose session...already mailed them... hope to get it fixed as soon as possible.

also, i have noticed something very special - AK is very marginal hands in most cases... in particular situation it actually a very big loser : i open raise and get re-raised from a pretty solid opponent.when filtered this situation i have found out that i lost about 10bi ...well...that sounds logical to me... why would anybody that have a little common sense would re-raise me with a worst hand than AK, for instance -AQ?

this is true especially when i have 20bb or so, its just don't worth it! at the very best i'm facing QQ which i am slight underdog - 55-45, add the rake and u are a big EV-...

so why would i wana do it?

reducing variance is a key in my opinion to continue and play perfectly.
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      "variance gentleman, variance"

so after i have discovered this huge leak i have come to a decision that i will never ever repeat it.
      for those of u who didnt read it yet:

I have filtered a specific situation which i thought that loses me money:
      I open raise (no matter if there where limpers behind) got re-raise and went to showdown with AK pre flop. guess what? the balance was an amazing 150$ down!!! 15 buy ins! (NL50) well why not? that sounds normal to me...why would someone with AQ will re-raise me pre flop? unless he is a complete donk...which btw in this case i will definitely wont hesitate geting it in...

this is even more accurate when i have a stack of >20BB, i will not get into any confrontation when having for instance 15$, simply i wont be called by a worst hand....especially when i saw that i was behind more than 7 times out of 10 in this situation. maybe on the next level they will be more agressive and than i will have to change my mind.in th meanwhile...150$ loses are more than enough to make move.

and BAM...variance all of the sudden reduced dramatically! my swings are much less bigger than they where...! i love it! this was one amazing leak !

"Ladies, i'm sorry but u wont take any part of the play at the moment"

I'm holding a pair of queens from BTN, and tight UTG open raise for 4 BB.now the question is : is he going broke with Jacks? hmm... i really cant answer it !
      and since there where no cold caller, than i will fold my hand, since he is holding at my very best AK which i am slight favorite. add the rake and this is a break even.assuming he is holding AK...

doing that i have could see that my game has experienced much much less rollercoasting - an element that is mos def can affect the game ! so by avoiding those coin flips (at the very best) situation and reducing variance i also maintain my A game, which will wont suffer a streak of bad-luck-coin-flip.

fixed my PT3 problems, will get some graphs asap, shalom :)
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze

JUST HORRIBLE day really unreal! i cant believe it ...every time i went all in i was crashed, always and ace!

best hand: i hav JJ from BTN, UTG pfr gets called 3 tims, i shove every body go all in .ace on flop. 2 of them show an Ace! 3.5 bi pot going waste! two rag aces..omg ....next hand same scenario i have AK reraise all in fishes shove pot 3 buy ins , he show AQ 2nd fish hits his 2 outer with 6's...and again right away i am dealt AQ fish raises i shove he shows KJ and hits K..

aces crackin bankroll goes down ........sad really sad day.
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      can't seems to have a decent session.
      this is so stupid i try so hard not to be blinded steal,resteal,calculating equity, folding marginal hands and than one two three for five comes bad beats in streaks and BAM im back to even.

this is so retarded.

• shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      apperently nobody makes interest on this blog so i'll just say goodbye.
      this is how im getting rewarded for helping and contributing.
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      I don't think u should make a blog to get responses :)
      A lot of people probably read it but don't comment on it.
      Anyway, I'm in the same situation as you are, playing the same limit with almost the same BR with the same strategy :)
      Keep up the good work, downswings happen now and then.
      I'm not sure if you're right on the AK/QQ stuff but u have to consider if you're up against a fish/good player in that situation.
      Lot's of people reraise AK or squeeze with marginal hands where your AK/QQ is a big favorite.
      Especially against shorties like us :)
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      seems like evertything bang like a clock

took about couple of minutes.8's on my J's, 2's on my A's, AK lost 4 times in a row to a fish and so on and so on etc etc.

I HAVE NEVER HAD AN UPSWING.that is what most bothered me.some of u may say "what that hack is he talking about?!" but this is the true.all of my winnings came from a hard work.i wish i could take a look at an all in luck graph, but poker ev is not compatible with PT3.i'm crashed.over the last week,every day looks the same.either i win some and than lose it all, or i immediately find myself struggling with a negative curve.im sick.i really do.
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shloogy
      apperently nobody makes interest on this blog so i'll just say goodbye.
      this is how im getting rewarded for helping and contributing.
      I may say nought mate - but I follow this thread and you will be pleased to know that you are in my favourites folder :D

I HAVE NEVER HAD AN UPSWING - I am a member of this club as well. lol
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      am SO glad to hear that!
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      my blog doesn't have a lot of replies either, but I'm pretty sure (at least I like to think :D ) a lot of members actually do read it and get something from it.

also you only started a week ago, that's nowhere near enough to make yourself a pokerstrategy superstar, unless you were playing balling limits which you are not, so don't abandon ship just yet, get some dedication and be patient. ;)
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      why did think that i consider myself as PS superstar? and what is balling limits?