Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

cozacu (UTG) ($10) 100bb
      CO ($10.15) 102bb
      BTN ($10.62) 106bb
      SB ($9.93) 99bb
      BB ($10) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) cozacu is UTG J:club: J:diamond:
      cozacu raises to $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, 1 fold

Flop: 4:club: 6:diamond: 9:heart: ($0.85, 2 players)
      SB checks, cozacu bets $0.60, SB calls $0.60

Turn: 7:heart: ($2.05, 2 players)
      SB bets $1.10, [color="#777777"][i]cozacu ???

villain unknown
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20

I would either raise/fold turn -> check back river or call turn and call most rivers.

He can lead there draws, air, worse pairs and if you just call you can never be sure where you´re at. Some players would lead turn two pairs, sets or straights, but that is usually not that big part. Also 76s would likely just b/c and you don´t have to worry him betting big again on the river

best regards,
    • cozacu
      I think after he x/call flop, and donk turn we very often can expect a bet on the river as well, and i don't think it's too good of a play to just call down with JJ here, more often then not we`ll be behind.

So not being able to call a decent river bet was my main argument for not calling.

Raising, would mostly be an information raise and sometimes we`ll get just called by pair+draw hands - so raising probably would have been the better option... raise/fold turn | if called, check back river.

At first sight i though that by raising i`m only isolating my self vs better hands, what do you think about that? we can get called by pair+draw hand, i don't think anything worst than that would call, so that could justify a raise?

I folded - witch very well could be too weak in such spot.
    • BogdanPS
      Raise/folding turn against unknown is fine.

The only question mark would be around how he reacts with pair+draw or draw versus a raise (does he 3-bet or call). Normally people just call when faced with a raise so I would be fine raising and if called playing the river and if 3-bet to just fold.