This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ, bet/ ?

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      cozacu (UTG) ($10) 100bb
      CO ($10.15) 102bb
      BTN ($10.62) 106bb
      SB ($9.93) 99bb
      BB ($10) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) cozacu is UTG J:club: J:diamond:
      cozacu raises to $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, 1 fold

Flop: 4:club: 6:diamond: 9:heart: ($0.85, 2 players)
      SB checks, cozacu bets $0.60, SB calls $0.60

Turn: 7:heart: ($2.05, 2 players)
      SB bets $1.10, [color="#777777"][i]cozacu ???

villain unknown
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would either raise/fold turn -> check back river or call turn and call most rivers.

He can lead there draws, air, worse pairs and if you just call you can never be sure where you´re at. Some players would lead turn two pairs, sets or straights, but that is usually not that big part. Also 76s would likely just b/c and you don´t have to worry him betting big again on the river

best regards,
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      I think after he x/call flop, and donk turn we very often can expect a bet on the river as well, and i don't think it's too good of a play to just call down with JJ here, more often then not we`ll be behind.

So not being able to call a decent river bet was my main argument for not calling.

Raising, would mostly be an information raise and sometimes we`ll get just called by pair+draw hands - so raising probably would have been the better option... raise/fold turn | if called, check back river.

At first sight i though that by raising i`m only isolating my self vs better hands, what do you think about that? we can get called by pair+draw hand, i don't think anything worst than that would call, so that could justify a raise?

I folded - witch very well could be too weak in such spot.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Raise/folding turn against unknown is fine.

The only question mark would be around how he reacts with pair+draw or draw versus a raise (does he 3-bet or call). Normally people just call when faced with a raise so I would be fine raising and if called playing the river and if 3-bet to just fold.