$5.00
      SB:
      $5.04
      BB:
      $4.61
      MP3:
      $6.63

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, 2 folds, CO calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.97) J, 2, 4 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.37) J (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.15, CO raises to $3.90, Hero calls $2.70.

River: ($10.12) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.12.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, jacks and nines(9 9).
      CO shows a flush, jack high(8 8).

CO wins with a flush, jack high(8 8).

Opponent is a loose player, very agressive from button and co possitions. Initial raise seemed pretty standart, given his aggresivenes i didn't give him much credit. He pushed all in preflop wit TT just a few hands ago, so its is not likely to be a AA-TT hand. Checks the flop, then reraises my bet. Once again, a stardart bet that he did often. Hands that beat me are higher pairs, jx and clubs. By the style that he plays, i am pretty sure that he would bet a top pair and a flush. So no higher pairs, no jacks and no clubs, and i beat everything else. The 2nd jack makes opponent having a J even more less likely.
      I feel like I read his hand right, becouse I was ahead at the time we went all in, but should I play this way against an aggresive opponent?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

First of all I want to welcome you in the hand evaluations forums. We will be glad to see more hands from you.

Preflop I'd only 3bet if I expect him to stack off with a worse hand (which seems unlikely) or call with too much worse hands.
      In this spot I actually prefer just flatting since the hand plays quite well in position.
      If you go for a 3bet here, make it $0.5 or even $0.55 since you expect to get called a lot.

Flop is not really the best we can hope for.
      I like the cbet here, since we have a lot of FE and might even get called by worse. I think that we don't need to bet big here - $0.6 will do the job.

Turn is rather good card for us, and if I do like betting here.
      By betting we can have a free SD and take value from Ac/Kc/Qc.
      When he shoves here though, I think we have to fold since we are most likely to be beat.

Best,
      Plamen