This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10, TT 3bet from blinds

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      how about 3betting here? villain was unknown at the time but turned out to be a bit fishy with a straightforward style.

on this flop i guess he doesn't have to have hit the K to call me here, but once he does call should i be barreling? should i be shutting down? should i cbet once and check call turn and check/fold river? given how it's hard to hit this flop then maybe i can expect to get floated a bit here hence me questioning the line: cbet flop, c/c turn, c/f river. i guess by the river many hands that i beat will check back.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $10.31 (103.1 bb)
      BTN: $10.40 (104 bb)
      SB: $21.59 (215.9 bb)
      Hero (BB): $22.98 (229.8 bb)
      UTG: $9.85 (98.5 bb)
      MP: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T T
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1, CO calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.05) 7 K 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, CO calls $1.40

Turn: ($4.85) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($4.85) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Results:
      $4.85 pot ($0.22 rake)
      Final Board: 7 K 7 6 7
      CO mucked A 4 and lost (-$2.40 net)
      Hero showed T T and won $4.63 ($2.23 net)
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I like 3beting here and I usually make it $1.1 OOP.

On the flop I don't mind cbetting as long as you consider barreling multiple turn cards.
      Also you don't need to make it that big - $1.1-$1.2 will do the job.

As played on the flop, I think betting the turn will be good too. Of course Kx is not folding but we can get called by PPs/FD and also could make some random floats to fold.
      Check/calling is an option that I don't really like since it puts us in a hard situation where we don't really know what to do on the river and our hand is faced up so I just prefer betting myself.

On the river I'd bet around $2.3.

Best,
      Plamen