alland's poker career

• alland
      alland
      Global
      Hi, My name is Allan and I am a 23 year old student from Denmark. For a while I have been thinking about writing a blog, so that I can keep track of my process and get some feedback from the forum, so here it is.

I have been playin low limit cashgames and sitngos with some profit since business school, but it has been on and off and without a real strategy. For the last 6 months or so, I have begun to take poker at bit more seriously again. I startet out playing 5$ sitngo @ Titan with a nice profit and a ROI of 35% on ~100 games (I know it is a small sample size), but lately I have switched to NL50 BSS with the following stats and results:

Player summary:

Player staticstics:

Winning graph:

I would really appreciate if you would post some comments on my stats and graph, so that I can be able to improve my game.

My BR = 1467,15 $ and my short time goal is to keep on grinding NL50 until I have reached 25BI for NL100, which is 2500$. I will then give NL100 a shot, but if I lose 5BI I will more down to the previous limit. Besides playing poker, I will be working on my game by posting hands in the forum if I am not sure they are played probably. Furtermore I will also make sure to read the rest of the silver NL articles.

If you have any questions or comments fell free to post them. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

good luck at the tables!
  • 15 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi alland,

looks like you are on the right way. Your plan for the future sounds great since improving thorugh reading articles and posting hands is really important. You could play a bit looser in my opinion, something like 12/7, but your winrate looks good anyway. Your other stats such as WTSD or ATS are looking good. You are definitely on a good way. Keep it up.
      by the way: You can post your sample hands here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1458

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • alland
      alland
      Global
      Today I won a stake to the BOTD on sunday and I am very much looking forward to be playing it!

Wish me luck :D
    • alland
      alland
      Global
      Guess it is time for a little update. Busted ind the BOTD 14xxx I think. had to push my TT and got called by j8o with j on flop.

I have been running pretty bad in cashgames and have had a hard time actually winning a hand. generally I have been satisfied with my play except for one hand where I spewed away a stack -not praud of that. All the interesting hands I have posted in the sample forum and I think I learned something from that and will definitely continue posting my hands.

after my little "downswing" I have been taken some days of just to punish my self a little for spewing the stack :) Instead I have been playing freerolls just for fun and yesterday I finished 42 out of 8393 in a nordic freerol on stars for 6$...pushed AQs against UTG limper who showed kk and I busted.

BR: 871.46euro (1378.30$)

winning graph:
    • alland
      alland
      Global
      I am getting a little frustrated here. i am playing sss on mansion at the moment and last month I was running at about 3-4bb/100 which is ok. This month is -bb/100 and I am just barely breaking even incl bonus. I am starting to have some doubt in my game and would really like to plug some leaks.

Here are my stats for sss on mansion for current and last month:

can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong by looking at my stats ?

feel free to ask questions and leave comments

thanks in advance
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      downswings is a natural thing playing sss. I was winning for 3 months now and yesterday had a downswing of 16 buy ins over 4K hands.... theres sometimes days when it seems you cant hit anything or always dominated preflop....
    • alland
      alland
      Global
      @mafaz
      I know that downswings are a part of poker, but I have been consistenly loosing almost every session this month so I think it is time to evaluate my game and see if I have some huge leaks.
    • Ninja666mdk
      Ninja666mdk
      Bronze
      I hope all of SSS players gonna busto!

All SSS players r thiefs.
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      @alland

Im not sure. i am not a coach nor a pro sss'er :) but looking at your stats i actually see nothing wrong :)
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      You have a little bigger cap than normal between VPIP and PFR
      Try to find better spots and play less OOP (completing from SB)

Small WTSD%
      You probably are playing a little bit weak on the flop. try to cbet/fold less often (so find better spots to cbet). Same for Agg%. Is to low.

You Steal% is small. Steal more (tell us what is your bet sizing here)

You are not defending enough.
      Use stats to find who is stealing a lot and defend. If the fold a lot to 3bets you can even bluff re steal them.
      Read (again) the article for steal and resteals

Loosen up a little bit. AJs MP3, some PP, AQs EP....

Give more stats, ask question, post hands...

Best regards,
      Kukki
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ninja666mdk
      I hope all of SSS players gonna busto!

All SSS players r thiefs.
      If you have problem beating SSS'ers you are not playing well.
      All good players r thiefs...
      It is part of the game.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that are going to help you with your game too.
      Again. Ask, post and play..

Best regards,
      Kukki
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      And your W$SD% is too big for such a small win rate...
      I think you are playing to safe.

Try to find a swear session buddy on your limit.
      It will help you game a lot.

I can rail you some time if I have a free spot. ;)
    • alland
      alland
      Global
      @kukkiwonBG
      thanks for the feedback! I definitely play cbet/fold alot on the flop. villian just do not fold to my cbet very often. I tend to cbet ½ pot which might be to little? what should my cbet% be?

I will try to steal some more. right now my stealrange is ~ A5+,55+,QJ+ and I use the standard 4xbb. should I make it 3-3,5xbb ?

lately I have tried to resteal some more against players with hight steal%, but it has not been working out for me unfortunately. my range here has been ~99+,ATo+

which other stats should I post?
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Smaller cbet are fine for a shorty. For sure do it a little bit more than 1/2 not exactly. There is a lot difference to you FE.
      cbet >1/2 dry flops.
      cbet around 2/3 wet flops
      (you can still not pot it because you don't give them IO)
      Caution: they will bluff you more often, so fix your cbet/fold probler
      Caution2: don't start to cbet/c every time :D

Don't talk about steal ranges. You can steal with any two vs. some people, and with AJs+, TT+ vs others. Is villain dependent
      But like a core you can use: any PP, A2s+, A8o+, 54s+, some offSC

You can use this for resteals:
      ATS Hands
      10 AQ+, TT+
      15 AJ+, 88+
      20 AT+, 77+
      25 AT+, A8s+, KQs, 77+
      30 A9o+, A8s+, KQo, KJs+, 66+
      35 A8o+, A6s+, KJo+, KTs+, 66+
      40 A7o+, A4s+, KJo+, KTs+, 55+
      45 A6o+, Axs, KTo+, K9s+, QJs, 55+
      50 A5o+, Axs, KTo+, K8s+, QTs+, 44+ and more than 50 ATS + 22-33

I use a little bit more detailed version, but you need at least 1000+ hands on the villain

Post Cbet, Steal from different positions, SB and BB defends (fold,call,resteal)

Other thing you can do is start Raising with any two a SB open complete till you have info that he is L/C or L/R.

Best regards,
      Kukki
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      of course you can make some advance resteal moves (squeezes) with SC purely on fold equity, but is too early on NL50

When you start playing at least NL100 I can make some more posts.
      Or not....

:rolleyes:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Everything what Georgi said, he is the physic-guy :P