This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH - AA WET board

• painterman007
      painterman007
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5)
      Hero ($5.92)
      CO ($5.14)
      BTN ($8.51)

BTN has been playing quite loose (49/29) (all info i have)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: A:club:

CO calls $0.05, BTN raises to $0.15, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, CO calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.37) 8:spade: 5:spade: 3:spade:

Hero bets $1, CO calls $1, BTN folds

TURN ($3.37) 8:spade: 5:spade: 3:spade: 4:diamond:

Hero bets $3.70...

Flop:
      I bet only $1 thinking there was only BTN in the hand. (Would have bet more if I knew there was a second villain) Wanting to get value from drawing overcards. A likely calling range being high cards with one spade, such as QcKs. Also pocket pairs 99+.

Turn:
      Happy to see it is not a spade.
      I Want to bet for value, but i notice he barely has a pot size bet left, so I decide to shove him all in. Here I feel like i am isolating myself vs a flush or stronger, but how can i else get value/protection?

Thank you
  • 2 replies
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Yeah, I see what you are talking about.

Well, in a raised pot, we are playing bet/fold on the turn.

But in our pot, a bet will probably give him the pot odds to shove with any high spade, and we cannot really fold because of same odds as well.

So to avoid a negative freerol situation, we are shipping it, instead of check/calling :f_rolleyes: Check/call or bet/call is just horrible, and check/fold is weak, but it might be read dependent.

PS: flop is pot-size, yup.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Painterman,

Preflop: looks fine although I'd 3-bet larger OOP and with more dead money into the pot, At least 55c.

FLop: cbet/size are fine

Turn: Are we isolating ourselves against a flush or better? Villain limp/called a 3-bet so he is a fish. I'm confident that a fish can easily call with a flushdraw or overpair+draw.