painterman007
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5)
      Hero ($5.92)
      CO ($5.14)
      BTN ($8.51)

BTN has been playing quite loose (49/29) (all info i have)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: A:club:

CO calls $0.05, BTN raises to $0.15, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, CO calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.37) 8:spade: 5:spade: 3:spade:

Hero bets $1, CO calls $1, BTN folds

TURN ($3.37) 8:spade: 5:spade: 3:spade: 4:diamond:

Hero bets $3.70...

Flop:
      I bet only $1 thinking there was only BTN in the hand. (Would have bet more if I knew there was a second villain) Wanting to get value from drawing overcards. A likely calling range being high cards with one spade, such as QcKs. Also pocket pairs 99+.

Turn:
      Happy to see it is not a spade.
      I Want to bet for value, but i notice he barely has a pot size bet left, so I decide to shove him all in. Here I feel like i am isolating myself vs a flush or stronger, but how can i else get value/protection?

Thank you
  • 2 replies
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Yeah, I see what you are talking about.

Well, in a raised pot, we are playing bet/fold on the turn.

But in our pot, a bet will probably give him the pot odds to shove with any high spade, and we cannot really fold because of same odds as well.

So to avoid a negative freerol situation, we are shipping it, instead of check/calling :f_rolleyes: Check/call or bet/call is just horrible, and check/fold is weak, but it might be read dependent.

PS: flop is pot-size, yup.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Painterman,

Preflop: looks fine although I'd 3-bet larger OOP and with more dead money into the pot, At least 55c.

FLop: cbet/size are fine

Turn: Are we isolating ourselves against a flush or better? Villain limp/called a 3-bet so he is a fish. I'm confident that a fish can easily call with a flushdraw or overpair+draw.