$0.12/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

Hero (BTN): $37.26 (149 bb)
      SB: $24.75 (99 bb)
      BB: $8.70 (34.8 bb)
      UTG: $24.51 (98 bb)
      MP: $25 (100 bb)
      CO: $36.10 (144.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q Q
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB raises to $2.75, BB folds, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($5.75) 6 8 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $3, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($11.75) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.87, SB raises to $19 and is all-in, Hero calls $13.13

opponent is 17/14 ; 7.5 3bet ; 78% c-bet / 1.1k hands

I have very tight image myself so i think by 4-beting preflop i would represent rly strong hand and isolate myself only against the top of his range.

Im not sure about my turn call what do you think? also accepting criticizm about sizing
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hard for me personally to say because it's a very easy 4bet pre for me and I don't have that much of a spewy preflop image either.

I mean, NL25 BU vs SB, QQ should pretty much be the nuts. After the preflop call I prefer just raising flop actually. His range should contain enough 87, 89, 76 type hands that just get it in now along with flushdraws and 99+ which are very unlikely to fold. I think you just get value when your raise there.

The way he played it I actually expect him to show up with QQ+, 8x, TT or JJ with a club, AK, AQ, AJ, AT, KQ, KJ, all with a club. Those however are just hand types, I am not sure of how many of those he does it with.

I'm afraid I just can't give a definitive answer here since it's not an easy spot to put villain on a range (the less inclined he is to bluff the more I lean towards a fold) but also because I just never get myself into it.

Don't forget you mentioned you have tight image. In that case, would he be more or less inclined to bluff you? In order to make this decision easier what you can do is bet big on turn after the flop call. Given the board it's actually common to see close to a potsize bet and then you have an easier call given the pot odds.
    • DannyJQ
      DannyJQ
      Bronze
      thanks for the detailed answer :f_love:

i agree with you about raising the flop, it makes a lot of sense =)

Anyway he had A :club: T :club: but 8 on the river saved the day :f_zZz: