[NL2-NL10] Rush SH NL2, K9o isolation?

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $2.28 (114 bb)
      SB: $0.95 (47.5 bb)
      BB: $2.62 (131 bb)
      UTG: $3.19 (159.5 bb)
      MP: $1.85 (92.5 bb)
      CO: $1.52 (76 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K 9
      UTG calls $0.02, MP folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.06, CO calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.27) T 5 8 (3 players)
      UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.14, UTG calls $0.14, CO calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.69) A (3 players)
      UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.32, UTG folds, CO raises to $1.30 and is all-in, Hero folds

Aw. Maybe fold preflop to begin with? Or we can isolate that loose unknowns? (unknown fish I would say)

Flop: c-bet is bad here, isn't it?

Turn: how about 2nd barrel on a scare card?

CO is trying to tell me that he limp-called with AA in a rush poker game :) Anyway, I have nothing else to do than fold.
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Against two people I'd skip raising K9o here. Also if you go for a raise - make it bigger.

One of the worst flops for cbetting with our hand here, especially 3way so just give up.
      We don't have almost any outs and would have a hard time playing on the later streets.
      Also - are you going to make it 1/2 pot if you had AA here?

When they both call you I think we have to let it go now, for sure.
      The ace hits their range too and you don't really succeed much except spewing your money.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      At least I succeeded in spewing my money :D

Plamen, do we isolate with 4 bb + 1 per limper regardless of our position? Say, if I open 2.5 bb from the BU, I will still isolate with 5-6 bb?

Thanks.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, I usually do make it bigger against limpers.

First of all, we have to consider that if we try to steal the blinds with K2o for example, we are certainly not going to isolate limpers with this hand.
      We are going to isolate them with a much stronger range, so the fact that our range is strong, and their is probably on the weaker side, also we have position and they are probably fish since they limp, I think that it's perfectly fine to go for a bigger sizing and build the pot from preflop and win more money in these spots.
      I usually just click the pot size button since I tend do play 6 tables, but then if there is a huge fish you could go for a bigger size. :)

NOTE: Always keep an eye on their stack size - if the effective stack is smaller you should raise smaller preflop.
      Against a <30bb stack size I just ignore their limp and open 3bb
      If the effective stack is between 30 and 40bb I make it 3.5bb
      If the effective stack is 40-50bb I make it 4bb
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Thanks mate.