• duder1n0
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

BTN: $70.33 (140.7 bb)
      SB: $51.15 (102.3 bb)
      BB: $53.19 (106.4 bb)
      MP: $61.47 (122.9 bb)
      Hero (CO): $53.04 (106.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9 J
      MP raises to $1, Hero calls $1, 2 folds, BB raises to $4, MP folds, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($9.25) 5 T Q (2 players)
      BB bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50

Turn: ($20.25) 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $10, BB raises to $43.69 and is all-in, Hero calls $33.54 and is all-in

River: ($107.33) 5 (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Anon table.

Small sample on both, MP was a weaker player, BB seemed loose-aggro so far.

Pre fold seems like a good option...

Flop? I thought as I dont have great equity with my oesd, floating is the safer play against unknown. If raise, should be raise/fold?

On the turn he checks, and I have a combodraw, but no showdown-value at all, so clear float. After chRAI, potodds are 31%, and I have that even vs a tighter range...

Board: Q:heart: T:club: 5:diamond:  4:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      CO     33.48%  31.91%   1.57% { Jh9h }
      BB     66.52%  64.95%   1.57% { QQ+, TT, 55, AQs, KJs+, QTs+, J9s, AhKh, AhTh, KhTh, Ah8h, Ah7h, 8h7h, Ah6h, 7h6h, Ah5h, Ah3h, Ah2h, AQo, KJo+ }
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20

I would 3-bet that hand 100% unless my image is really bad and I know that MP (or any other player) might 4-bet. It usually takes pot down pre-flop or often postflop+ J9s can flop quite good draws that I can comfortable play for stacks and if it is Jxx, 9xx board I can c-bet, check back turn (if I decide so) and then call or bet river. Also I always have good barreling/scare cards as Q, K, A, hearts.

Pre-flop I think call is marginal unless you´re willing to call down one pair hands. Since you didn´t 3-bet pre-flop I would prefer just folding.

Postflop I think you have some options:
      If player likes to make moves then I would likely raise flop 12$ and then shove over his 20$ 3-bet. It only sucks if he shoves directly which means I would have to fold.
      If you don´t want to take that aggressive line then call flop, shove turn seems good options or if turn is K,9 then call flop, call turn, shove river. (if you want you can always shove turn)

On the turn: I don´t like your bet size. I don´t making that with hands that can comfortable call shove as sets, two pair or QK, but here you should want him to fold his hand. So I would either b/c 17$ or shove directly.
      I doubt that KJ or AK would then decide to call overbet shove if their first plan was to c/rai. Against players who like to c/rai turn you can always check back and (bluff)shove river against bet or bet yourself if he checks.

best regards,
    • mbml

PF call seems fine to me, 3bet could be good too. given your reads on the players and the fact that you only need to call 6bb more i think calling the squeeze is certainly an option.

Flop call is definitely the best play. i would not raise a single hand in my range. On the Turn while a c-r is going to occur really infrequently i think you should bet a size which commits you. or your other option is to check back the turn and bluff the river (always a reasonable alternative against anyone who is known to have a checkraising range in this spot)