Hero raises to $1.50, CO folds, BTN calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB folds

Flop: ($5) 2 J 8 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.50, BTN calls $3.50, SB folds

Turn: ($12) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.50, BTN calls $7.50

River: ($27) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $10, BTN raises to $82.85 and is all-in, Hero folds

Anon table.

BTN and SB both seemed to be TAGs on small sample.

Turn bet should be somewhat bigger as I see now.
      Ch/fold river? As BTN was a reg, I assumed he wont have the flush on the river very often. But yeah, vbet is very thin, mostly vs KJs/QJs...
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

you give him very good reason shove his entire range and expect you to fold 100%. Don´t like your bet size on the river- if you´re not sure how he acts against 15-22$ river bet, then check/call.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      you give him very good reason shove his entire range and expect you to fold 100%.
      But what would he turn into bluff on the river?

Don´t like your bet size on the river- if you´re not sure how he acts against 15-22$ river bet, then check/call.
      I thought his range on the river is on the weaker side, twopairs, sets would have raised on the flop, or on the turn at latest...
      Do you think he has enough worse hands to call a bigger bet like 15-22$ on the river? On the other side, if I ch/call, what worse hands do we expect him to bet? I think with weaker TPs he would take a free showdown quite often, and flushdraw got there, so not many busted draws left either...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      you give him very good reason shove his entire range and expect you to fold 100%.
      But what would he turn into bluff on the river?

Don´t like your bet size on the river- if you´re not sure how he acts against 15-22$ river bet, then check/call.
      I thought his range on the river is on the weaker side, twopairs, sets would have raised on the flop, or on the turn at latest...
      Do you think he has enough worse hands to call a bigger bet like 15-22$ on the river? On the other side, if I ch/call, what worse hands do we expect him to bet? I think with weaker TPs he would take a free showdown quite often, and flushdraw got there, so not many busted draws left either...
      If player is good then he has reason to shove any pair, since you would b/f always considering your bet size. Not sure how many players would do that, but it is always clear you have there are least tp that looks to get some value and would always going to fold to shove.

Do you think he has enough worse hands to call a bigger bet like 15-22$ on the river?
      - let him decide if he wants to call you down with KJ/QJ or TT. Consider his stack size I think he can make there hero calls and if you bet bigger it should be air or two pair+ (don´t think he would put you on AJ if you bet there 22$). if my image is really bad I think it is mandatory valuebet on the river.

On the other side, if I ch/call, what worse hands do we expect him to bet?
      - KJ may check back, but at the same time I think he may go there for value. if he bets there 15-18$ I would not really going to fold my tp hand. Also if you are not really going to c/c tptk what hands do you really have river c/c range? Seems really optimistic to put him on flush (that might easily raise flop), set (that might raise flop, turn) or JTs (that would sometimes 3-bet pre-flop).
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

I think you should c-f river cos i think he mostly has JX or flushes and i dont think he turns JX into bluffs when checked to. I would consider b-c with sets vs aggro players, allowing him to turn JX into bluffs (but u need to know if they are capable of it)