This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 55 Crying Call

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Villain is 71/18/81, super fishy which is why I cannot fold a set here even though I believe it is the best play

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $2.12
      MP+1: $5.53
      Hero (LP): $5.55
      CO: $3.84
      BTN: $7.57
      SB: $3.22
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $5.25
      UTG+1: $18.69

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has 5:diamond: 5:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, SB calls $0.18, fold

Flop: ($0.45, 2 players) 5:club: 7:club: 8:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.43, SB calls $0.43

Turn: ($1.31, 2 players) 4:club:
      SB bets $2.59 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.59

River: ($6.49, 2 players) Q:spade:

SB shows A:club: 7:spade: (One Pair, Sevens) (Pre 44%, Flop 7%, Turn 22%)
      Hero shows 5:diamond: 5:spade: (Three of a Kind, Fives) (Pre 56%, Flop 93%, Turn 78%)
      Hero wins $6.22

I do not feel like I made the right decision here, and just want to confirm this as unfortunately the results almost "justify" calling even though I knew it was the wrong decision. The weird thing is, against a decent player, I am going to be folding here, but its like, he's so loose and so aggressive I just couldn't make myself fold even though I believed myself to be beat as the turn card is the worst possible one here apart from 6 :club: . Really disappointed in myself as this is the first time in ages I have called whilst thinking I am not getting odds to do so.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

against that player I would likely not going to fold. I can safely fold overpairs and be ok, but since his turn shove range are likely wider than 6x or flushes then I think you need to play that spot for stacks.

Also players would also like to trap, so he may take 6x or flushes c/r line on the turn, so you should not be always beat there.

best regards,