$28.75
      MP2:
      $40.80
      MP3 (Hero):
      $27.61
      CO:
      $28.70

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3, 3.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, 2 folds, SB raises to $2.11, BB folds, Hero calls $1.49.

Flop: ($4.47) 9, 2, 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($4.47) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $2.25, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.47.
      he is unknown.
      should I call here and continue the hand?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: You can consider making a small blocker bet with the intention of folding. You get him to c-f his random hands like JTs and you get thin value from AK and AQ so I would bet maybe 1.50.

Problem is if he is aggro and checkraise bluffs. but still i prefer to take this line and in future if he c-r your small bets i would consider using it to induce.

But sure, checking is fine. On turn i think i would still fold anyway. he can bet so many cards and we will just be completely lost.

I think ultimately the mistake started from preflop. you should not call with this hand, his 3bet wasnt too small, he probably has a ton of random hands so you dont have implied odds, and stacks werent really deep.

you mentioned he is unknown and i would fold small PPs by default vs unknown.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Flop: You can consider making a small blocker bet with the intention of folding. You get him to c-f his random hands like JTs and you get thin value from AK and AQ so I would bet maybe 1.50.

Problem is if he is aggro and checkraise bluffs. but still i prefer to take this line and in future if he c-r your small bets i would consider using it to induce.

But sure, checking is fine. On turn i think i would still fold anyway. he can bet so many cards and we will just be completely lost.

I think ultimately the mistake started from preflop. you should not call with this hand, his 3bet wasnt too small, he probably has a ton of random hands so you dont have implied odds, and stacks werent really deep.

you mentioned he is unknown and i would fold small PPs by default vs unknown.

for the first time i heard small blocker bet.
      so against unknown,small pocket pairs are fold,how about middle pairs? and TT,JJ?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Jj could be a 4bet vs aggro guys (provided u do 4b bluff sometimes). Tt is almost always a call, 88/99 depends on aggression of opponent and your reads on him. Sometimes its just really tough to play without reads. Usually in position its a call with mid pairs though