NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.06)
      BB ($8.05)
      UTG ($5)
      UTG+1 ($5.76)
      Hero ($5.92)
      BTN ($7.47)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: T:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.25

FLOP ($0.82) K:spade: 5:club: 7:club:

BB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.70

TURN ($2.82) K:spade: 5:club: 7:club: K:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($2.82) K:spade: 5:club: 7:club: K:diamond: J:diamond:

BB bets $6.65 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $2.64

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey DracSharp,

Preflop: Why are we calling a 3-bet here with a marginal hand? This should be a fold unless you have specific postflop reads about the opponent (which I don't see).

Postflop: As played we can attempt one steal over his small cbet but once he calls and the board pairs there's not much we can do.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Actually guys like him are a major annoyance, being all aggressive often expected to barrel 3 streets on any board and only way to beat them is to hit the board, but even then they often bet so low when their opponent starts to bet them reasonable size they just fold especially after one possible call but not like you want to make a habit of trying to make them fold. He was getting cheekier with his sizing risking only 35 and frequency 18%, low bet is only good against draw so i decided t9s might work, but yeah its marginal at best :I

Any tip how to beat them beside open tighter and call for value looser ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

IF they bet as often as it seems that means that we can also bluffcatch wider.

Because they are so aggressive we need to stick with hands that can flop good bluffcatchers. For example low cards are very bad to play versus them.

What I also see is that he doesn't 3-bet that much so when he 3-bets we can let it go (weak hands like ours).