MTT SNG 45 players

• kenpo189
      kenpo189
      Bronze
      Hi, I’ve been for a while at the $0,25 MTT SNG of 45 players at regular speed. I had played 122 with an average ROI of 28% and 28% ITM. Now I don’t know if I should go for the $0,50 Turbos or wait for the $1,00 reg speed.

I guess a I could take shots at the turbos playing 10 tables, considering that I actually play something like 20 Tables of $0,25 per session at least it would be the same ammount of money risked.

I’ve compared the three SNGs structure to make easier the decision.

The payments % are the same, 31%/21,5%/16,5%/12,5%/9%/6%/3,5%, and the blind levels are the same too but the turbo increase levels every 5 minutes instead of 10. The rakes are a little different:

$0,25 Regular (8% Rake) 10 Minutes blinds
      $0,50 Turbo (10% Rake) 5 Minutes blinds
      $1,00 Regular (9% Rake) 10 Minutes blinds

So, I will try some shots of 10 tables here, at least until I have 100 to compare the ROI% and ITM%

If anyone knows better the Turbos I’ll thank any advice. Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I haven't actually play the reg speed 45 man's, but the turbos are in general very soft, so i def agree that you should take a shot at them. Just by playing ABC poker and playing a good push-fold game you should be able to crush these up to the $3,5's, after that i think the games are getting a bit harder, but def still beatably.

BTW I basicly think that the reg speed 45 man's are a waste of time, you will be able to put a lot more volume in with the turbos and if you wanna grind them serious you have to switch to turbos at some point anyway.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      As long as you know how to play turbo's you should do so. They are faster and therefore more efficient. Your hourly should increase dramatically if you can keep the ROI up at a similar level. At the same time you will encounter more regulars than at the non-turbo mtsng's.

Unfortunately 100 tourneys are way too less to get realistic results regarding your ROI. If you play 1000 tournaments you would be able to tell if you are winning player or not (at least you can make reasonable assumptions). Still, your ROI will be influenced by swings a lot and might be far out of your normal expectation.

Best idea would be to try out the turbo's. If you feel like having an edge and beating them you should go on and have a look at your results from time to time. If not you should stop playing them.

Last but not least I would recommend ignoring ITM%. It's by no means important. In contrary, regulars, that are loosing money constantly, tend to have a very high ITM%. Unfortunately getting ITM is not sufficient to earn money in the long run. Players that play very passive when it gets to the bubble will have a high ITM%, but won't get much further because they folded too much. Winning one tournament is way more important than several ITM finishes.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask!

Regards,
      Asaban
    • kenpo189
      kenpo189
      Bronze
      Thanks Asaban, I'll take your advice. So, I will take shots at the turbos every time I have a new record at my bankroll at least until I have 1K tournaments played at the reg speed in order to evaluate my ROI with more accuracy.

BTW I don't use the ITM as a measure of winnings, I've use it as a measure of variance because if I have a ROI of 30% I know that in someway I win 30% of the total inversion but the variance depends on many factors, but If I look the ITM% and is 30%, then I know that in a 5 tables shot I can spect perfectly loosing them all, but in a 10 table shot I can spect to be ITM at 3, on average, indepently of the ROI, so I spect to loose 7 or less buyins on average. So, a shot at the turbos with 10 tables it's no so bad after all if I play then 10 by 10 only when I'm on the top of my bankroll and losing on average 7 or less buyins it doesnt hurt badly my bankroll.