This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 BSS AKo contibet ok?

• alland
      alland
      Global
      Platform: IPoker - formated by LittleTitanHelper
      Gamecode: 1065109790 - 2008-07-10 15:21:29
      $0.25 SB / $0.50 BB - 7 handed

Seat 1: MP ($43.76)
      Seat 2: MP2 ($59.74)
      Seat 4: MP3 ($125.05)
      Seat 5: [color=#0000ff]Hero[/color]($50)
      Seat 6: BU ($49.75)(DEALER)
      Seat 7: SB ($10.65)
      Seat 8: BB ($56.30)

Dealt to Hero: K:heart: A:club:

Preflop:
      SB posts SB, BB posts BB,Hero posts BB
      [color=#7d7d7d]MP folds[/color], MP2 calls $0.50, [color=#7d7d7d]MP3 folds[/color], Hero raises to $3, [color=#7d7d7d]2 folds[/color], BB calls $2.50, [color=#7d7d7d]MP2 folds[/color]

Flop(Pot: $7.25):
      J:diamond: J:club: 4:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $4, BB raises to $8, [color=#0000ff]Hero[/color] folds

Total Pot: $19.25

I think i played this hand ok, but lately i have been reraised on a lot of my contibets so please evaluate
  • 7 replies
    • cindy1985
      cindy1985
      Bronze
      classical :) , would have played it the same way, althought I think your CBet was too low, thus encouraging a raise. You just have to take a note on this opponent, in the future you can save yourself some CBets...
    • alland
      alland
      Global
      Ok thanks. I agree on the Cbet size and I did in fact place a note on villain ;-)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Hi alland,
      You could make your flop bet slightly larger - $4.5 or 5$, but otherwise, nh. This is a very good board for a c-bet, since your opponent will rarely hit it (although you will get bluffed from time to time by thinking players)

Regards,
      Craig
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      Hi swissmoumout,

Do you really think he should fold to that minbet ?

Best regards,
      lilprincess

:P
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lilprincess
      Hi swissmoumout,

Do you really think he should fold to that minbet ?

Best regards,
      lilprincess

:P
      stop that ^^ And yeah, since you'll usually have 6 outs maximum. Plus if you hit, you have big reverse implied odds, but only tiny implied odds (a small pair won't bet again when an Ace or King shows up)
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      well haven't you considered that we might have the best hand here quite often ?

Assuming he is a standard player, he will never ever minraise a small PP, and with a J I would expect him to either call or raise bigger.

I would never fold in that spot as its so weak, and I would call a reasonable turn bet, unless the guy has 0 AF.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Well against an unknown the hand is well played; you shouldn't go crazy with A high just because check/minraises are so frustrating.
      and:
      and with a J I would expect him to either call or raise bigger.
      I disagree. A fish will typically want to get a call, so in their mind raising as small as possible is the best. Raising against an unknown is very marginal, actually it's rather spewy.
      And I've actually seen small pocket pairs minraise here a lot, so maybe it's different on FTP, but according to what I've seen (at party) I would say we're behind most times here