alland
      Global
      Platform: IPoker - formated by LittleTitanHelper
      Gamecode: 1065109790 - 2008-07-10 15:21:29
      $0.25 SB / $0.50 BB - 7 handed

Seat 1: MP ($43.76)
      Seat 2: MP2 ($59.74)
      Seat 4: MP3 ($125.05)
      Seat 5: [color=#0000ff]Hero[/color]($50)
      Seat 6: BU ($49.75)(DEALER)
      Seat 7: SB ($10.65)
      Seat 8: BB ($56.30)

Dealt to Hero: K:heart: A:club:

Preflop:
      SB posts SB, BB posts BB,Hero posts BB
      [color=#7d7d7d]MP folds[/color], MP2 calls $0.50, [color=#7d7d7d]MP3 folds[/color], Hero raises to $3, [color=#7d7d7d]2 folds[/color], BB calls $2.50, [color=#7d7d7d]MP2 folds[/color]

Flop(Pot: $7.25):
      J:diamond: J:club: 4:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $4, BB raises to $8, [color=#0000ff]Hero[/color] folds

Total Pot: $19.25

I think i played this hand ok, but lately i have been reraised on a lot of my contibets so please evaluate
  • 7 replies
    • cindy1985
      cindy1985
      Bronze
      classical :) , would have played it the same way, althought I think your CBet was too low, thus encouraging a raise. You just have to take a note on this opponent, in the future you can save yourself some CBets...
    • alland
      alland
      Global
      Ok thanks. I agree on the Cbet size and I did in fact place a note on villain ;-)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Hi alland,
      You could make your flop bet slightly larger - $4.5 or 5$, but otherwise, nh. This is a very good board for a c-bet, since your opponent will rarely hit it (although you will get bluffed from time to time by thinking players)

Regards,
      Craig
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      Hi swissmoumout,

Do you really think he should fold to that minbet ?

Best regards,
      lilprincess

:P
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lilprincess
      Hi swissmoumout,

Do you really think he should fold to that minbet ?

Best regards,
      lilprincess

:P
      stop that ^^ And yeah, since you'll usually have 6 outs maximum. Plus if you hit, you have big reverse implied odds, but only tiny implied odds (a small pair won't bet again when an Ace or King shows up)
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      well haven't you considered that we might have the best hand here quite often ?

Assuming he is a standard player, he will never ever minraise a small PP, and with a J I would expect him to either call or raise bigger.

I would never fold in that spot as its so weak, and I would call a reasonable turn bet, unless the guy has 0 AF.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Well against an unknown the hand is well played; you shouldn't go crazy with A high just because check/minraises are so frustrating.
      and:
      and with a J I would expect him to either call or raise bigger.
      I disagree. A fish will typically want to get a call, so in their mind raising as small as possible is the best. Raising against an unknown is very marginal, actually it's rather spewy.
      And I've actually seen small pocket pairs minraise here a lot, so maybe it's different on FTP, but according to what I've seen (at party) I would say we're behind most times here