This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK suited board 3bet deep

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 347.6 BB
      SB: 95.5 BB
      BB: 100 BB
      UTG: 173.1 BB
      MP: 104 BB
      CO: 99 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:club: K:spade:

UTG raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 11 BB, fold, fold, UTG calls 7 BB

Flop: ($2.35, 2 players) 6:club: K:club: 7:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 9 BB, UTG raises to 24.7 BB, Hero calls 15.7 BB

Turn: ($7.29, 2 players) 3:spade:
      UTG bets 51.9 BB, Hero raises to 311.9 BB and is all-in, UTG calls 85.5 BB and is all-in

River: ($34.77, 2 players) 8:diamond:

UTG shows 7:heart: 7:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Sevens) (Pre 55%, Flop 70%, Turn 82%)
      Hero shows A:club: K:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 45%, Flop 30%, Turn 18%)
      Hero wins 0 BB
      UTG wins 337.7 BB

I bet bit smaller than half, because they bluff raise so often, and If they call with weaker hand or draw even better. But then turn I thought he might bluff again and I push so maybe he makes mistake and calls, and if he has set or flush I lose anyway on river.
      Could I fold here? even if I would bet large flop, still he would raise me, and I think same result.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Mlatasrb,

Preflop: Considering we are deep here we can make all our 3-bets larger by default (we made this less than 3x).

Flop: If you know that villain can be induced to raise (which is what I'm understanding from your comments) then I like the bet small/call.

However on the turn our logic may not make 100% sense.

If the guy is bluffing or betting flush/set when we shove we only get called by the better hands. Bluffing implies that villain doesn't have a hand that can call.

Now if you think villain can raise KQ/KJ or other semibluffs with let's say Qc/Jc then it's a different story and we can ship it (and I think that if he rasied flop with those he can bet/call here).