This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] ff nl10 SH JTo 3bet vs BU open

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      first question is how is the 3bet pre? is the hand choice okay/bet sizing fine? i prefer choosing hands with some playability because people are more likely to call IP. i don't tend to 3bet total shit when OOP..

second, i'd like to improve my postflop play in 3bet pots. looking at this hand, i don't like my sizing. should i have 3bet it closer to 2/3 pot and gone for only 1 street, or is this sizing fine?

the way i look at things atm is if i don't plan on barreling, then i should bet once and bet big. if i do plan on barreling i should bet smaller and 3 streets. is this correct in general?

the thing is, i'd much rather go for 3 streets with a stronger hand or a total bluff. which is why i'm thinking betting 2/3 pot here will be better.

Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $9.27 (92.7 bb)
      Hero (BB): $21.27 (212.7 bb)
      CO: $4.90 (49 bb)
      UTG: $5.58 (55.8 bb)
      BTN: $8.87 (88.7 bb)
      SB: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T J
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.20, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.80, BTN calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.65) 5 7 J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, BTN folds

Results:
      $1.65 pot ($0.08 rake)
      Final Board: 5 7 J
      Hero mucked T J and won $1.57 ($0.77 net)
      BTN mucked and lost (-$0.80 net)
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

1) i think 3bet is fine but i probably call since jt is strongf enough to defend vs a minraise from bb.
      As for your size i think it could be fine, though i usually use 40% pot bets for 4bet pots only. I think its better to use it for axx and kxx rainbow dry flops cos if u bet so small on jxx u may get floated by ax sometimes of cos this is player dependent and u cam bet smaller vs ppl with higher fold to flop cbet.

I def dislike betting 2/3 pot in 3b pots if ur range is weak. Its just unnecessary to bet so large as your fold equity doesnt change too much. Halfpot is my standard here
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey galvin thanks for the eval. i've taken note on this and i'll try to work on this part of my game.