This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 ff SH AKs in blinds vs UTG

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      villain is 24/24 over 40 hands and seems fairly tight and aggressive. can't really give proper reads since it's fastforward.

very basic question, UTG range is strong here. i 3bet "for value" but is there really much value here other than in FE? i mean if he 4bets me i doubt i'm ever good so continuing sucks. but so does 3bet/folding AKs! so i really dont think going broke here vs a thinking player will be good given my perceived range for 3betting his UTG open from blinds.

is calling here OOP better than 3betting? what would your line be here?

Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $12.74 (127.4 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $10.20 (102 bb)
      MP: $1.95 (19.5 bb)
      CO: $10.38 (103.8 bb)
      BTN: $3.53 (35.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K A
      UTG raises to $0.30, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, 2 folds

Results:
      $0.70 pot
      Hero mucked K A and won $0.70 ($0.40 net)
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

Preflop: First off, what do you think his default 4-bet range will be (for value)?

If he folds a lot to our 3-bets we definitely show profit from that however we might as well have A3s.

The only real value would come when we can 3-bet/shove or 3-bet and get called by a lot worse.

If neither of these is possible then calling and playing postflop is fine.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Preflop: First off, what do you think his default 4-bet range will be (for value)?

given that i have no proper reads, i'm just gunna assume it will be QQ+ and AK. however, i also consider that to be pretty optimistic and it might look more like simply QQ+...

ok so yeah i obviously dont want to be turning this hand into a bluff since there will be more value postflop in that case.

thanks