This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh KTs otb

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      this was a bit of a strange hand and i felt a little sick bluffing against a bad player this way. the minraise pre says it all and i decided to call IP.. maybe this is bad?

also i don't really see any reason to raise here. so when he c/c ott i doubt he has a Q because i jsut expect him to 2xbarrel with that sort of hand. so his range consists of either draws or some weaker SDV hand. once the river bricks all draws i think if i bet i can take the pot by credibly representing a Qx hand. is this just spew vs a weak player like this?

Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $20.12 (201.2 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      MP: $12.13 (121.3 bb)
      UTG: $11.03 (110.3 bb)
      SB: $11 (110 bb)
      CO: $27.64 (276.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K T
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB raises to $0.40, BB folds, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.90) 9 Q 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($1.30) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.62, SB calls $0.62

River: ($2.54) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.90, SB folds

Results:
      $2.54 pot ($0.12 rake)
      Final Board: 9 Q 3 7 Q
      Hero mucked K T and won $2.42 ($1.20 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$1.22 net)
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

Preflop: If the player in SB is a fish I don't like min raising the BTN. We should open 3x for value (our steal range will be smaller/stronger with a fish behind).

As played I'd just call his min 3-bet w/ position.

Flop: We have a really strong combo draw here but it would most likely still be too light to get it all in on the flop.

So I don't mind calling and betting the turn as you did however I really don't like our bet size.

Since our plan is to bet almost every river we should bet bigger on the turn:
      A) pot is bigger when we hit
      B) pot is bigger when we bluff and take it down (as played).

Considering how villain played and bet I like our river bet. It's possible that he folds a hand that already beat like TJ but he can also fold A high and various smaller pairs.

I'd probably bet about the same, maybe 1.7+
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      ah of course.. your comments about turn play make so much sense. i can't imagine why i thought this would be a good sized bet.

and about the preflop sizing, i usually just open 2.5x otb as standard but party doesn't let me do this without me having to type it in every time :rolleyes: i'll keep this idea in mind tho and start opening larger vs players who obviously don't pay attention :) i do it sometimes, but other times i just dont think about it.

thanks for the eval!