BTN: 49.5 BB
      SB: 48.7 BB
      BB: 24.5 BB
      Hero (UTG): 114.5 BB
      MP: 46.5 BB
      CO: 148.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Q:heart: A:spade:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, CO calls 3 BB, fold, fold, BB raises to 24.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 21.5 BB, CO calls 21.5 BB

Flop: ($7.40, 3 players) K:heart: 7:heart: 4:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($7.40, 3 players) Q:spade:
      Hero bets 4 BB, CO calls 4 BB

River: ($8.20, 3 players) T:heart:
      Hero bets 5 BB, CO calls 5 BB

Hero shows Q:heart: A:spade: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 36%, Flop 27%, Turn 90%)
      CO mucks 8:heart: 8:spade: (One Pair, Eights) (Pre 18%, Flop 10%, Turn 5%)
      BB mucks J:spade: J:club: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 46%, Flop 62%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 17.1 BB
      Hero wins 70.3 BB

I have only 46 hands from the shortstacked.
      This situations when a shortstacker goes all in puts me always in difficult situations, especially when I have nice hand and shorty sqeezes.
      I called here, need to pay 2.15$ to win 3.10$ so I think it is a good call here. The problem is if I call what the other guy is going to do. Sometimes they call me with AK, JJ+ and go all in, so I dont know what to do.
      Also once he also called, K high board I just check and fold, no reason to bluff because even If the guy folds often I lose against other guy.
      Turn Q, do I need to bet at all? I though if I bet so small I get called by any pairs worse than mine, and he doesnt have K here. And if I get raised I fold. Should I bet bigger?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I prefer overshoving here. I want to isolate only against the short stack and also I do expect CO to 3bet QQ+, AK so I really don't think he could have a better hand here.

On the flop checking and trying to get to showdown is fine. There is no reason to bluff here.

When the Q hits on the turn I'd bet around $2.3. I think we have the best hand here most of the time.

Best,
      Plamen