This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQo, call sqeeze push by shortstack

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 49.5 BB
      SB: 48.7 BB
      BB: 24.5 BB
      Hero (UTG): 114.5 BB
      MP: 46.5 BB
      CO: 148.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Q:heart: A:spade:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, CO calls 3 BB, fold, fold, BB raises to 24.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 21.5 BB, CO calls 21.5 BB

Flop: ($7.40, 3 players) K:heart: 7:heart: 4:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($7.40, 3 players) Q:spade:
      Hero bets 4 BB, CO calls 4 BB

River: ($8.20, 3 players) T:heart:
      Hero bets 5 BB, CO calls 5 BB

Hero shows Q:heart: A:spade: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 36%, Flop 27%, Turn 90%)
      CO mucks 8:heart: 8:spade: (One Pair, Eights) (Pre 18%, Flop 10%, Turn 5%)
      BB mucks J:spade: J:club: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 46%, Flop 62%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 17.1 BB
      Hero wins 70.3 BB

I have only 46 hands from the shortstacked.
      This situations when a shortstacker goes all in puts me always in difficult situations, especially when I have nice hand and shorty sqeezes.
      I called here, need to pay 2.15$ to win 3.10$ so I think it is a good call here. The problem is if I call what the other guy is going to do. Sometimes they call me with AK, JJ+ and go all in, so I dont know what to do.
      Also once he also called, K high board I just check and fold, no reason to bluff because even If the guy folds often I lose against other guy.
      Turn Q, do I need to bet at all? I though if I bet so small I get called by any pairs worse than mine, and he doesnt have K here. And if I get raised I fold. Should I bet bigger?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I prefer overshoving here. I want to isolate only against the short stack and also I do expect CO to 3bet QQ+, AK so I really don't think he could have a better hand here.

On the flop checking and trying to get to showdown is fine. There is no reason to bluff here.

When the Q hits on the turn I'd bet around $2.3. I think we have the best hand here most of the time.

Best,
      Plamen