This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nut straight, how to get most value

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2035473
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $5.46 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 19, 3B: 7, AF: 3.0, Hands: 93
      UTG: $5.35 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 7, 3B: 0, AF: 1.8, Hands: 125
      MP: $13.04 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 12, 3B: 2, AF: 2.6, Hands: 366
      CO: $5.19 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 16, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 38
      BTN: $8.94 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 30, 3B: 7, AF: 2.0, Hands: 278 BU open:36%, WTS:26, CB:57
      Hero (SB): $5.25 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2.0, Hands: 68570

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with J :heart: Q :diamond:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.08, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.25) 6 :spade: T :spade: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.25) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, BTN raises to $0.45, Hero raises to $1.59, BTN calls $1.14 The origional bet should have been something like 0.2$

River: ($3.43) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero?
      One thing is certain, I will not fold this hand. So I'm going broke against flushes anyway, so lets take a look at the other hands.
      If he has 7x, he's going to call a push. If he has something like 2p, he may only call a 50% bet. Ah, these loose players would call a push I think with 2p.
  • 5 replies
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hi there,

Aren't we calling to loose OOP against a loose opponent?

Ah, these loose players would call a push I think with 2p.

That's the point :s_biggrin:

See why it sucks even when you hit (which is a rare event)? Position, position.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: Despite him being loose I still think our hand is ok to play (considering the min raise). Definitely not the greatest hand but against 36% open we should still be fine. Of course if we are in doubt about how we play postflop we can simply fold it.

Postflop: As played pot that turn and get the money in if possible (probably can raise bigger since we need to set up the rivers for a comfortable shove that's farther away from a PSB).

Alternatively, considering how drawy the board is and that half the deck (roughly) brings in an ugly card for us we can also overbet 3-bet shove that turn. We may lose value from some 1p+weakdraw but a 7x rarely ever folds and then he may call pair+stronger draw.

As played I'd ship river too but I would of preferred a bigger turn raise and then on the river we had a smaller push which may get called more often.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: Despite him being loose I still think our hand is ok to play (considering the min raise). Definitely not the greatest hand but against 36% open we should still be fine. Of course if we are in doubt about how we play postflop we can simply fold it.

Postflop: As played pot that turn and get the money in if possible (probably can raise bigger since we need to set up the rivers for a comfortable shove that's farther away from a PSB).

Alternatively, considering how drawy the board is and that half the deck (roughly) brings in an ugly card for us we can also overbet 3-bet shove that turn. We may lose value from some 1p+weakdraw but a 7x rarely ever folds and then he may call pair+stronger draw.

As played I'd ship river too but I would of preferred a bigger turn raise and then on the river we had a smaller push which may get called more often.
      yeah, double your bet size, double your winrate :f_cool:
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Hi Imimba,

yeah, double your bet size, double your winrate :f_cool:
      al in all: bigger turnbet
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Hi Imimba,

+1