This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Bluff river bet

• boozaf
      boozaf
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 7 players

Hero (BTN): $10.26
      SB: $12.34
      BB: $10.65
      UTG: $3.60
      UTG+1: $7.69
      MP: $18.40
      CO: $12.28

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 9:club: 8:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, SB raises to $0.90, fold, Hero calls $0.65

Flop: ($1.90, 2 players) T:heart: J:club: 4:diamond:
      SB bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10

Turn: ($4.10, 2 players) 6:club:
      SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($9.10, 2 players) 8:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.76 and is all-in, SB calls $5.76

Preflop I decided to call, villain was 3Betting 20.

Caught an OESD on the flop, had position, decided to call.

On the turn I caught a flushdraw and for the second barrell I thought he might had a hand he liked, so I called again; I couldn't really check/raise semi-bluff on the 6 — figuring he had anything like AJ, AT, KT, KJ or QJ he would have a hard time letting go of his hand.

The river card isn't so scary, but he checked and I insta-shoved figuring I was beat. Was that a TERRIBLE bluff or what? I checked later and he had WTS 37 so... I guess I would have avoided that if I had seen earlier his stats...
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Boozaf,

Preflop: looks loose. That "20" was over what sample? Sample is key here and even then 98 might be too light because if villain 3-bets that wide of a range he 3-bets all broadway type hands and I would find it hard to believe that this is over any meaningful sample.

As played we can also raise/fold the flop with our weaker draw that has 9 high.

As played look at the range you gave him on the turn. Part of that bets the river but how much of that can he ck/call?

And we bet WITH a pair so what exactly are we looking for him to fold? 99, Tx, Jx?

We beat A high, K high, Q high which we weren't on the turn.

River should be a check back.