SB: $12.34
      BB: $10.65
      UTG: $3.60
      UTG+1: $7.69
      MP: $18.40
      CO: $12.28

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 9:club: 8:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, SB raises to $0.90, fold, Hero calls $0.65

Flop: ($1.90, 2 players) T:heart: J:club: 4:diamond:
      SB bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10

Turn: ($4.10, 2 players) 6:club:
      SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($9.10, 2 players) 8:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.76 and is all-in, SB calls $5.76

Preflop I decided to call, villain was 3Betting 20.

Caught an OESD on the flop, had position, decided to call.

On the turn I caught a flushdraw and for the second barrell I thought he might had a hand he liked, so I called again; I couldn't really check/raise semi-bluff on the 6 — figuring he had anything like AJ, AT, KT, KJ or QJ he would have a hard time letting go of his hand.

The river card isn't so scary, but he checked and I insta-shoved figuring I was beat. Was that a TERRIBLE bluff or what? I checked later and he had WTS 37 so... I guess I would have avoided that if I had seen earlier his stats...
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Boozaf,

Preflop: looks loose. That "20" was over what sample? Sample is key here and even then 98 might be too light because if villain 3-bets that wide of a range he 3-bets all broadway type hands and I would find it hard to believe that this is over any meaningful sample.

As played we can also raise/fold the flop with our weaker draw that has 9 high.

As played look at the range you gave him on the turn. Part of that bets the river but how much of that can he ck/call?

And we bet WITH a pair so what exactly are we looking for him to fold? 99, Tx, Jx?

We beat A high, K high, Q high which we weren't on the turn.

River should be a check back.