This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] SH NL2, KQ blind-defence

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $1.34 (67 bb)
      SB: $1.51 (75.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $3.45 (172.5 bb)
      UTG: $3.89 (194.5 bb)
      MP: $6.11 (305.5 bb)
      CO: $3.97 (198.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q K
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.06, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.18, BTN calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.37) 9 K T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, BTN raises to $1.16, Hero?

He raise-shoves the flop, but he's quite short anyways.

Can we expect to be ahead of weaker kings here, and considering our gutshot, call?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey German,

Preflop: Value or bluff (vs short stack)?

Flop: The only worse Kx is really KJ and that's about it. What else do you see in his preflop calling range?
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hi Bogdan,

Preflop: Value or bluff (vs short stack)?

Hm...not sure. This is a hand from my zoom session actually...Personally I steal like 70% from the BU in zoom, so perhaps thin value? On the other hand, I'm more than happy if he folds preflop :) So bluff? Damn it.

Flop: The only worse Kx is really KJ and that's about it. What else do you see in his preflop calling range?

I'm not sure, but I think that most players would call AK in these spots, wouldn't they (in contrast to 4-betting I mean).

9Ts?

Yep, okay, I agree :) We are way behind the majority of the hands he would raise flop with.

Easy fold then?

On the other hand, TPGK is always behind a flop raise in a 3-bet pot, isn't it? Does it mean I should always fold it? :f_cry:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I would say preflop is a slight bluff unless you expect villain to call a lot more worse hands.

As far as the flop I'd say it's close to a bet/fold than bet/call. And TP is not always a fold in 3-bet pots, it always depends on board and villains.