CO checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1.21) 4:spade: 3:diamond: K:spade: 3:spade: 7:spade:

CO bets $1.21, Hero calls $1.21

CO shows 4:club: 4:diamond:
      (Pre 51%, Flop 96.8%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero shows A:club: K:club:
      (Pre 49%, Flop 3.2%, Turn 4.5%)

CO wins $3.39

On turn i decided to give it a rest since he will most likely bets river he has the goods or not, but then he pots it ? Looking for call from high flush maximum qs, of course didn't count he is talented on the flop.
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: Interesting to see someone like him open limp here and it appears he limps 3% across the board. What do you think that range usually is? I'd say that 3% is mostly small PP's or suited aces/suited connectors (although PPs are usually the more common limped hands).

As played on turn/river what can he bet that called flop and doesn't already have us beat (remember he limped). Even if let's say he called 22/55 on the flop half of them beat us on the river.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I think his limp is 7-

But if we assume anywhere near correct play nothing makes sense apart from 77 but he could fold those too on the flop. He either representing set or bluff, and its not like him to shy away from bluff.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I think his limp is 7-

But if we assume anywhere near correct play nothing makes sense apart from 77 but he could fold those too on the flop. He either representing set or bluff, and its not like him to shy away from bluff.
      He pots the river, so he can represent a flush too theoretically.

However, the same question stands. What can he bluff with (And I agree with you that he potentially represents some bluffs but what hands can bluff there)?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I just spotted my mistake, it was obvious all along.

My reasoning was for the call that he is not representing anything cause i expect set to raise and weak hand to fold because he looks like reg and bit fit or fold, BUT i ignored his check raise and raise cbet stat because it seemed like it is no value to me at the river but after 1400 hands we see that he slowplays always which is annoying, but should have made my fold simple.

I am such a noob :I

Quick question what do you think of my plays do i have really that many leaks or just a lot unlucky ?

What would you learn, or fix in my position?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I just spotted my mistake, it was obvious all along.

My reasoning was for the call that he is not representing anything cause i expect set to raise and weak hand to fold because he looks like reg and bit fit or fold, BUT i ignored his check raise and raise cbet stat because it seemed like it is no value to me at the river but after 1400 hands we see that he slowplays always which is annoying, but should have made my fold simple.

I am such a noob :I

Quick question what do you think of my plays do i have really that many leaks or just a lot unlucky ?

What would you learn, or fix in my position?
      It's a mix of both. Bad luck usually makes you play even worse and spew left/right.

Based on the hands you've posted in the last week alone I do feel that your game is all over the place (most likely because you are running bad so you are second guessing yourself a lot).

The main thing I see recurring is that we don't spend enough time on trying to put villain on a range and look at all the information that's available (stack, positions, actions on each street, bet size, etc.)