SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB calls $0.90

RIVER ($3.69) 9:diamond: 7:spade: T:spade: 5:spade: 3:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

SB shows J:diamond: T:diamond:
      (Pre 31%, Flop 66.8%, Turn 79.5%)

Hero shows K:diamond: J:heart:
      (Pre 69%, Flop 33.2%, Turn 20.5%)

SB wins $3.45

Again a wierd line from him, maybe he is super awesome and do these tricks to perfectly play me. Considering he donks 15% of the time i assumed it is mostly flush especially his lackluster bet, on turn he could be trapping and i don't like my bet very much but if he didn't play the flush my line looks like it.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: Considering how wet this board is and how many hands connect I'd be happy to just let my hand go. Our bluff is a bit weak and our equity is poor.

As played I'd bet the turn larger (if I'd bet at all) although I don't see the point in a bet there because I can't see what can bet/call flop just to fold turn (especially for a 1/2 pot bet).

What did you think villain can fold?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Considering that bet makes him have less than potsize stack on the river i would expect only the bravest tptk to call, i would play just the same if i had flush, also i did it because it doesn't have to work a lot of times.

Would you call that half pot bet with tptk ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Considering that bet makes him have less than potsize stack on the river i would expect only the bravest tptk to call, i would play just the same if i had flush, also i did it because it doesn't have to work a lot of times.

Would you call that half pot bet with tptk ?
      We shouldn't look at just the turn here. If you take it in a vacuum it would be a bit brave.

But villain called our flop raise (after he donked) so that makes his range on the stronger side (+ draws). And I can't see many pairs or draws folding to such a bet.

It's true that you can play your flushes/2p/sets exactly like this but villains here mostly care about their hands and they are calling stations. So I'd say that while we can expect him to fold sometimes I wouldn't count on it.