This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] kjo

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5)
      BB ($5.27)
      Hero ($6.75)
      UTG+1 ($5.27)
      CO ($2.43)
      BTN ($5)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: J:heart:

Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.45) 9:diamond: 7:spade: T:spade:

SB bets $0.25, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.72, SB calls $0.47

TURN ($1.89) 9:diamond: 7:spade: T:spade: 5:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB calls $0.90

RIVER ($3.69) 9:diamond: 7:spade: T:spade: 5:spade: 3:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

SB shows J:diamond: T:diamond:
      (Pre 31%, Flop 66.8%, Turn 79.5%)

Hero shows K:diamond: J:heart:
      (Pre 69%, Flop 33.2%, Turn 20.5%)

SB wins $3.45

Again a wierd line from him, maybe he is super awesome and do these tricks to perfectly play me. Considering he donks 15% of the time i assumed it is mostly flush especially his lackluster bet, on turn he could be trapping and i don't like my bet very much but if he didn't play the flush my line looks like it.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: Considering how wet this board is and how many hands connect I'd be happy to just let my hand go. Our bluff is a bit weak and our equity is poor.

As played I'd bet the turn larger (if I'd bet at all) although I don't see the point in a bet there because I can't see what can bet/call flop just to fold turn (especially for a 1/2 pot bet).

What did you think villain can fold?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Considering that bet makes him have less than potsize stack on the river i would expect only the bravest tptk to call, i would play just the same if i had flush, also i did it because it doesn't have to work a lot of times.

Would you call that half pot bet with tptk ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Considering that bet makes him have less than potsize stack on the river i would expect only the bravest tptk to call, i would play just the same if i had flush, also i did it because it doesn't have to work a lot of times.

Would you call that half pot bet with tptk ?
      We shouldn't look at just the turn here. If you take it in a vacuum it would be a bit brave.

But villain called our flop raise (after he donked) so that makes his range on the stronger side (+ draws). And I can't see many pairs or draws folding to such a bet.

It's true that you can play your flushes/2p/sets exactly like this but villains here mostly care about their hands and they are calling stations. So I'd say that while we can expect him to fold sometimes I wouldn't count on it.