BTN ($4.93)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: K:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.17, CO calls $0.17, BTN calls $0.17, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.58) 2:spade: 9:club: K:spade:

Hero bets $0.40, CO folds, BTN raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.40

TURN ($2.18) 2:spade: 9:club: K:spade: 7:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.75, Hero folds

BTN wins $2.04

His call range is wide and so is his 3b so i doubt he has many valuable cards apart from 22. Bit of a joke guys like him have 60/100 winrate over 1k hand, after loosing like 10-15+ bi in last few days can't help but feel outplayed and outmached.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

First that sample on him 1k hands is nothing (for that winrate). I'm sure you've run hot at some point over 1k hands.

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Considering villain is somewhat aggressive on all streets especially on flop too we can also check to let him bet.

As played I wouldn't call the turn unless we plan to call down (and the 7 is a pure blank). Why? Because we can expect villain to bet often after his min raise on the flop.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I considered passing him the opportunity but it is still a 3way pot and even if he bets he might do half pot or less, then what we raise ? His folding to cbet and betting vs missed cbet is close and you said at one of my hands why pass when his ftcb and bvmcb is close because i can't control the size or if he bets at all which is important on drawy board. I would seriously consider it in heads up pot but my choice is quite obvious now.

Would you check it to him ?

And you said you wouldn't call the turn but your reasoning was that he will bet the turn after his min raise on the flop, so you meant the flop ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I considered passing him the opportunity but it is still a 3way pot and even if he bets he might do half pot or less, then what we raise ? His folding to cbet and betting vs missed cbet is close and you said at one of my hands why pass when his ftcb and bvmcb is close because i can't control the size or if he bets at all which is important on drawy board. I would seriously consider it in heads up pot but my choice is quite obvious now.

Would you check it to him ?

And you said you wouldn't call the turn but your reasoning was that he will bet the turn after his min raise on the flop, so you meant the flop ?
      Hi Drac,

I did mean the flop. Because I can expect him to bet the turn often here (both value and bluffs).

Re: cking to him.

Here I looked more at what you said/implied about villain + stats on him. If he has been aggro (more so) against you then we can start playing a bit more "passive" versus him to let him hang himself.

As a default I like being the bettor, as we discussed in the past, but if betting means that we always let him run us over then I'd rather check to him more often (unless I have a hand I want to stack off with or call down with).