Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2035676
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $6.75 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 9, 3B: 4, AF: 3.5, Hands: 149
      BTN: $13.57 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 15, 3B: 8, AF: 2.7, Hands: 53
      SB: $3.95 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 15, 3B: 14, AF: 10.0, Hands: 81
      BB: $3.77 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 7, 3B: 2, AF: 1.3, Hands: 453
      UTG: $6.31 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 3, 3B: 6, AF: 3.4, Hands: 215
      Hero (MP): $5.00 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 18, 3B: 0, Hands: 53 (villain's pov)

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP with A :club: J :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.20, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.20, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.47) 3 :heart: A :diamond: 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BTN raises to $1.05, Hero calls $0.75 This could easily be a semibluff, my bet size is super-weak.

Turn: ($2.57) A :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.70, Hero?
      Can I avoid going broke?... I dont think so. I mean, 2 A-s on the board, I have one in my hand... but what is his range raising flop, and betting on turn again? Would he really do it with a FD? If he doesnt have an A, he would be afraid me having one, so he must have a good kicker, at least better than J. Crying super-herofold?
  • 10 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop raising is good.

I prefer bet/folding on the flop. I really don't think that this opponent would bluff us here.

On the turn I prefer folding, since I don't think he raises worse hands on the flop.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      I prefer bet/folding on the flop. I really don't think that this opponent would bluff us here.
      What makes you think that exactly?
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      There is always problem of bluffing on micro limits and we so overestimate bluffs.

You will make so much your life easier if you stop thinking that players bluffs us a lot. Vilain here is TAG and looks like decent player for this limits so better for you to wait for fish and get his stack.

A time ago(lets say few weeks) i decided to listen to judges and i fold hands like this is....it makes your game so so much easier and you run off difficult marginal spots that we don't want.

As played you called flop and get the best card possible on turn. Only J is maybe better. So if you called there you cannot fold anymore it makes no sense so just shove turn.

Still best play is bet/fold flop i guess.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Villain just looks like a straight-forward player, also this board hits our range quite well and in general I don't expect people to bluff a lot on Axx board.

Also, I do agree with Alan here. If we fold those hands, we will make our live so much easier and our WR will increase significantly.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Villain just looks like a straight-forward player, also this board hits our range quite well and in general I don't expect people to bluff a lot on Axx board.

Also, I do agree with Alan here. If we fold those hands, we will make our live so much easier and our WR will increase significantly.
      Fold "those" hands preflop?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      No, not preflop.
      If we fold them when we get raises and it's hard for us to be ahead we will have much easier decisions.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze

+1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Mbml once advised me to Google Baluga's theorem :)

Recommend you as well.

PS: You don't have a set, btw, and it's definitely not top. Any other set crushes you, because it's a boat.

The trick here is not making a "herofold" and "life easier", but just rationally assume that we are behind. If you won't understand why we fold here, sometimes you might fold your trips in the wrong spot.

...which is not the end of the world of course, but just lost value.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop raising is good.

On the turn I prefer folding, since I don't think he raises worse hands on the flop.

Best,
      Plamen
      Yeah, I have to carve it into my mind: ppl bluff less vs me than I think they do