1$ SNG Turbos

• staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      I started playing 1$ SNG Turbos at Party, and it isn't going very well. I'm down almost 30BI in 83 games.

I'm playing tight at first, till push/fold phase. And I think my push/fold game is not bad, at least.

Is it variance, or I suck so bad?
  • 15 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey staktas,

It may help if you post some stats :)

83 games is to small a sample to come to any conclusions especially when it comes to Turbo games. I am by no means an expert though :D

Have you been using the ICM trainer at all? Very good practice for the Push/Fold game :)

Regards,
      Gary
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Platinum
      Promotion

post your aplication here, i will take you
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Wow, how awesome is that staktas?! Thank you Alex :)
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alxpoker91
      Promotion

post your aplication here, i will take you
      Done. I'm eager to start working with you, on my game!!!!! :)

Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Wow, how awesome is that staktas?! Thank you Alex :)
      SUPER awesome!!!!! I'm definetly opting in this promotion. Thanks.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Silver
      Bassicly I think a lot of players at this limit is playing too tight, that is what everybody is telling them to do, and it's easy when you are mass tabling but IMO you should try to find more spots against the fishy players and try to steel a bit more in late position.

Im not an expert in SNG's but from playing some I think thats what a lot of players could do better.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Also bear in mind that at the micros, you have to beat rake of at least 15% :(
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze

That's what hm2 is showing. Can I trust that EV part? Because winnings part are clearly wrong. I lost only about 30BIs.

I completed ICM trainer lite, and now getting about 90% of push/fold correct.

I don't really care about results that much, but I feel like I should be beating these games, and I'm getting crushed hard instead. If I would be sure that it's just variance, I would grind it through easily - I have huge bankroll for 1$ SNGs and no mindset problems at all.
    • alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Platinum
      keep playing.if you make 90% with icm you can beat 1$.

100 games is very small sample.i had moments when i had 1000 games BE and i was beating that limit.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Keep up the 90% and everything will be just fine staktas!
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      I don't know your game so i can't say what kind of leaks do you have. I also playing micros at 1.5$ turbo. What I observed manyplayers at that limit play badly at blinds.

You can't get perfect in every aspect of game at the beginning. Focus on basics.

In my opion as I metioned above blinds are crucial. Learn what hands you can push from sb vs various kind of opponents. I think that game from sb is the most importat because you play the widest range. Many players play to tight. When I starded pushing 100% vs tight players I realized how it is important.

Next step is learning what to push from btn and afterwards how to call sb shove from big blind.

These are mine the three most important aspects of getting better at sng.
      What do you think about it, does anyone share mine point of view?
      What next steps would you add to learning schema?
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alxpoker91
      keep playing.if you make 90% with icm you can beat 1$.

100 games is very small sample.i had moments when i had 1000 games BE and i was beating that limit.
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Keep up the 90% and everything will be just fine staktas!
      Thanks to both of you! Really appreciate your encouragement! :f_love:

Originally posted by Janosikgdy
      I don't know your game so i can't say what kind of leaks do you have. I also playing micros at 1.5$ turbo. What I observed manyplayers at that limit play badly at blinds.

You can't get perfect in every aspect of game at the beginning. Focus on basics.

In my opion as I metioned above blinds are crucial. Learn what hands you can push from sb vs various kind of opponents. I think that game from sb is the most importat because you play the widest range. Many players play to tight. When I starded pushing 100% vs tight players I realized how it is important.

Next step is learning what to push from btn and afterwards how to call sb shove from big blind.

These are mine the three most important aspects of getting better at sng.
      What do you think about it, does anyone share mine point of view?
      What next steps would you add to learning schema?
      What I try to do while play is to note situations where I'm not sure what range to push or call push, and then try it in ICM trainer later. I struggle mostly when there's a lot of people still left in push/fold phase, or when I'm about 12bb deep.

Also trying to learn, what you mentioned. Yeah, I agree with you on sb/bb part. I used to play a lot of NL, and there you have to play very loose in button, and pretty tight in sb. That confused me a little when I started to play SNGs, because it's not the same here.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze

Despite what this graph is showing, I'm actually almost BE for these 300 tourneys. HM2 doesn't get the info about cashing if you close tournament that you cashed in too soon on Party. That's what I was doing at start, hence the 30 BI difference on a graph.

Thanks to everyone for your supprot :f_love:
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      ^ for HEM to work properly you need to save tournament summaries.

In pokerstars lobby go to >Tournament Summary Options and save to appropriate file
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      I play at Party not Stars :)

I noticed that if you wait till you are removed from table after cashing in tournament before closing it HEM works allright then.
    • t7777777
      t7777777
      Basic
      Hi Staktas

Have you tried Double or Nothings they are a little easter to win at and good for bankroll building. On Merge poker the rake is only .08 on a buck which is nice. If you can win at about 55% or higher you can make some money and get a little practice.