2 screens

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      hello, ill be buying an extra computer screen, just wanted to ask a few questions

1) How do you set it up so it just looks like 1 wide screen and you can move coursors from one screen to another? (usin windows vista)

2) Do i have to buy some kind of reduction or something? (my pc only has 1 slot for screen i guess)

3) since my pc is pretty old and slow, and im still using XP on it, i usually play from my laptop and only attach/plug in the big 24" screen i already have into my laptop and use it as an external screen.... is it possible to use 2 screens this way (plugged into laptop)? also, i only have 1 slot for an extrnal screen
      so ill probably have to buy some reduction device or smthg
  • 6 replies
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Hey mate, you will need to have two spots in your computer to run dualscreens!
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      so cant i just buy a splitter or someting to plug in 2 screens?

sorry, im pretty bad with computers :D
    • gp00053
      gp00053
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zumpar
      hello, ill be buying an extra computer screen, just wanted to ask a few questions

1) How do you set it up so it just looks like 1 wide screen and you can move coursors from one screen to another? (usin windows vista)

2) Do i have to buy some kind of reduction or something? (my pc only has 1 slot for screen i guess)

3) since my pc is pretty old and slow, and im still using XP on it, i usually play from my laptop and only attach/plug in the big 24" screen i already have into my laptop and use it as an external screen.... is it possible to use 2 screens this way (plugged into laptop)? also, i only have 1 slot for an extrnal screen
      so ill probably have to buy some reduction device or smthg
      Type "how to set up 2 computer screens" on Utube, you'll get step step how to do it and what equipment you'll need.
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Hello,

I've used 2 screens for my laptop before so I'll be able to answer a lot of your questions

Before I answer your questions, I would recommend you buy a computer screen that has the original plug like this one in the link I provided.http://www.spd.dcu.ie/hosted/support/images/AV%20Website/VGA%20plug.jpg

Secondly, your laptop must have a HDMI plug for you to play poker with 2 screens. Some computer screens have an HDMI plug rather than the original one, but flat screen tvs like the RCA have HDMI plugs so you can use that instead. I got my RCA flat screen for $100.00 at Walmart.

1)When you plug both the flatscreen tv and the computer screen onto your laptop, only one will work. You want to right click on your laptop screen and select "screen resolution". Click Detect and both of your sets should be detected. You'll have 3 displays which will be your laptop screen, computer screen, and the tv screen. There should be something called "multiple displays", click on that and select "extend these displays".

If your laptop screen is #1 then click on it and on "multiple displays" select "disconnect this display". Now the screen should be working on the computer screen and flat screen tv. Your laptop screen will be black.

2) you don't need to buy an kind of reduction.

3) read #1

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll check on this post every 5 hours.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Just moving this to the relevant board.

Regards,
      Gary
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maythany
      Hello,

I've used 2 screens for my laptop before so I'll be able to answer a lot of your questions

Before I answer your questions, I would recommend you buy a computer screen that has the original plug like this one in the link I provided.http://www.spd.dcu.ie/hosted/support/images/AV%20Website/VGA%20plug.jpg

Secondly, your laptop must have a HDMI plug for you to play poker with 2 screens. Some computer screens have an HDMI plug rather than the original one, but flat screen tvs like the RCA have HDMI plugs so you can use that instead. I got my RCA flat screen for $100.00 at Walmart.

1)When you plug both the flatscreen tv and the computer screen onto your laptop, only one will work. You want to right click on your laptop screen and select "screen resolution". Click Detect and both of your sets should be detected. You'll have 3 displays which will be your laptop screen, computer screen, and the tv screen. There should be something called "multiple displays", click on that and select "extend these displays".

If your laptop screen is #1 then click on it and on "multiple displays" select "disconnect this display". Now the screen should be working on the computer screen and flat screen tv. Your laptop screen will be black.

2) you don't need to buy an kind of reduction.

3) read #1

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll check on this post every 5 hours.

sounds great, thx a lot man!