[NL20-NL50] NL50 KK 3bet pot vs aggro reg

• double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Boss, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $58.10 (116.2 bb)
      SB: $24.11 (48.2 bb)
      Hero (BB): $51.93 (103.9 bb)
      CO: $32.12 (64.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K K
      CO folds, BTN raises to $1.43, SB folds, Hero raises to $5.36, BTN calls $3.93

Flop: ($10.97) Q Q 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, BTN raises to $12, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($34.97) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($34.97) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Villain 3.5k hands
      23/18/8.1
      open BU 39%
      fold to 3bet 56%
      fold to cbet in 3bet pot 5 in 12
      raise cbet in 3bet pot 2 in 12
      WTSD 29%
      WWSF 50%
      Agg freq 48/49/27

Notes: I know he is quite agressive reg, specially if I show weakness. But he makes some weird moves sometimes, like: "12/12 nl50, vs me, overflat ATs SBmpbu(donk), c/r A33s 2.5x, bet turn 50% 2, chk chk river 5"
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      He is quite random judging by the note.. his play didn't make much sense.

Here I would actually just check flop OOP. You are usually way ahead/way behind and you don't really have the dynamic to get called down by small pairs imo, plus you run into Qx often if you bet/bet/shove, just too often I think.
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      He is quite random judging by the note.. his play didn't make much sense.

Here I would actually just check flop OOP. You are usually way ahead/way behind and you don't really have the dynamic to get called down by small pairs imo, plus you run into Qx often if you bet/bet/shove, just too often I think.
      Nice. That simple thought about "am I going for 3 streets?" and all ramifications of that is actually helping me a lot. It's as close as it gets from my "aha" moment in poker. :)

Edit: Btw, he showed 88, so I think that goes right into the argument "he is random". Next time you would play any different given this showdown?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by double2
      Edit: Btw, he showed 88, so I think that goes right into the argument "he is random". Next time you would play any different given this showdown?
      Min3bet flop. I was gonna say that once someone does these weird thin value raises, more like trying to raise now to get cheaper on next streets you can 3bet for thin value. I like min3bet just because he'd probably never fold a hand and it's more likely to induce spew imo.

The note you can make is that he can raise for very thin value/depolarized range. I say thin value because I doubt he was turning AT and 88 into a bluff but when you say depolarized it's clear that he can have medium value made hands.

LE: Maybe he does that whole 'raise for information' thing? Would definitely start 3betting his flop raises to see how much it is for info and how much it's because he 'thinks he has the best hand'.