[NL20-NL50] KK overpair on 3way, squeezed, dry flop 150bb deep

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Gold
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $30.07 (150.4 bb)
      CO: $18 (90 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $37.28 (186.4 bb)
      SB: $22.13 (110.7 bb)
      BB: $40.89 (204.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K:club: K:spade:
      MP raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.60, Hero raises to $2.40, 2 folds, MP calls $1.80, CO calls $1.80

Flop: ($7.50) 3:club: 2:spade: 7:diamond: (3 players)
      MP checks, CO checks, Hero bets $3, MP raises to $8, CO folds, Hero raises to $34.88 and is all-in, MP calls $19.67 and is all-in

MP 24/24 50agg. freq. 52hands

Preflop size? Maybe a bit bigger is better?

OTF, decided to go for a small bet, because of the dry board. After he reaise i`m almost sure i`ve got the nuts here. So OOP just call or shove it and try to stack him if he has TT-QQ or smth?
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Preflop is fine.

On the flop however, your hand will want to bet 3 streets for value unless the textures changes unfavourably. I would use a bigger sizing. You are 150bb deep, get max value now from other overpairs and 7x hands, maybe A high doesn't believe you on flop either.

When you bet small and get raised I wouldn't fold, however shoving seems spewy. He has 9 sets in his range so you need him to stack off 10 non-set combos that are not AA. If you incude AA in his range you have 15 combos that beat you and then it's bad imo because you now require him to overplay more than QQ and JJ which becomes quite tough to expect from an uknown.

However, Microgaming has a reputation for some really fishy players that stack off very light here so if your read is that you have the nuts, your flop play after your cbet is OK imo. Maaaaybe you have room for a small 3bet but it's not that big of a difference if you think he raises many worse hands to stack off. Min3betting might just look to strong so then shoving becomes better.
    • AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Gold
      If i bet 3 OTF and he calls the pot will be 13,5$ OTT and he will have 25 left.

Then i bet 7$ OTT and if he calls, the pot will be 27,5$ and he will have 18 behind for the river.

I also think that i can induce him to raise light (TT-QQ) or as a bluff with the small flop size.

I don`t think he raises sets here. It just doesn`t make any sence to make me fold something that can improve and isolate the other player. AA here is the same as 77 but he may not think this way. However i think he sometime 4bet it preflop because we are deeper, so i wouldn`t include all 6 combos.