Different Strategies

• arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Hi everyone, I want to learn more styles of playing. Now of course all of you are going to say that you don't need to learn any new style for micro limits and stuff, but I just want to learn what other playing styles are for cash games.

Can anyone explain the following strategies to me, thanks.

Tight-Aggressive- What do u do do when u play this strategy?

Maniac - How is this strategy profitable, what do u do when u use this strategy?

Tight-Tight - Only premium hands? similar to SSS?

Agressive/Agressive- How do these players play?

Generally I want to know what these styles play like, what hands preflop, and everything. Just trying to expand the strategies I use for live games with my friends mostly..

Thanks in advance :)
  • 2 replies
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Tight-Aggressive

AQ+, TT+ I guess, similar to SSS, betting their strong hands or strong draws.

Maniac

Maniac style isn't very profitable, you're playing a LOT of hands and betting a lot, they prob play all connectors inc offsuit, any sooted hands, pocket pairs, any Ax, possibly Kx/Qx

Tight-Tight

They only play premium hands, Possibly AQ+ TT+, and only bet their really strong hands.

Agressive/Agressive- How do these players play?

This could be maniac/TAG/LAG style, depends on their preflop tendencies.. they could be betting strong hands, semibluffing or purebluffing
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Well TAG style we all know already. LAG style is a complicated one, but I think it relies much more on your opponents than on the cards, more than any other style, because you have to do many difficult decisions. Being a LAG I don't think there isn't any SHC because to be a LAG player you must be already very experienced and skilled, and you'll certainly know when and how to play the hands you get.