This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] rush poker nl10 sh QJs bluff

• Uldis90
      Uldis90
      Bronze
      68 hands vp28 pfr19; pfr from EP 30; 3b0; ag 0.8; flop cbet 1/4
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($18.24)
      BB ($4)
      UTG ($25.71)
      UTG+1 ($11.97)
      CO ($11.64)
      Hero ($20.98)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: J:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) 8:spade: 8:heart: 4:heart:

UTG checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.75) 8:spade: 8:heart: 4:heart: K:spade:

UTG bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, UTG calls $0.60

RIVER ($2.55) 8:spade: 8:heart: 4:heart: K:spade: 4:spade:

[color=red]UTG checks, hero ????????
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Uldis,

Preflop: looks a bit loose but we can call with position (unless BB squeezes a lot)

Postflop: I don't mind checking to give up or go for a delayed cbet but why are we not just folding the turn with almost 0 equity there?

He has way too many hands that can bet/call there and won't fold many rivers.

Simply fold the turn and move on to the next hand or you run a big risk of spewing money away.

As played I'd just check back river.
    • Uldis90
      Uldis90
      Bronze
      im playing QJs special to loose up my utg range, so regulars would call me more when i raise utg, so i can get paid of by monsters. i actualy shove profit with QJs. its small sample, but i have 55k hands on sh rush and with QJs utg i show profit 4$ over 33 hands.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Uldis90
      im playing QJs special to loose up my utg range, so regulars would call me more when i raise utg, so i can get paid of by monsters. i actualy shove profit with QJs. its small sample, but i have 55k hands on sh rush and with QJs utg i show profit 4$ over 33 hands.
      33 hands is not a sample. It's enough to have one bad beat or one lucky hand and it throws off the entire profit.

I can't see postflop being too profitable in this particular spot as explained above.