DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $12.50 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 15, 3B: 5, AF: 0.0, Hands: 52
      BTN: $4.09 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 19
      SB: $10.53 - VPIP: 56, PFR: 32, 3B: 16, AF: 4.7, Hands: 78
      BB: $5.00 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 15, 3B: 5, AF: 1.0, Hands: 55
      Hero (UTG): $5.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2.0, Hands: 70506

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with A :club: J :club:
      Hero raises to $0.20, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.20, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.47) K :spade: K :heart: J :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30 I wanted to let him bluff ONCE, and take down the pot on the turn generally. If he raises turn, I'm confident of folding+I i dont give free cards to some draw

Turn: ($1.07) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60,
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: Why do we want to let an unknown, fishy player "bluff" us here without info on him? By default I'd assume fishy players are more passive so we can actually valuebet the flop.

As played your ck/call flop turn donk (smallish) may induce a lot of bluffs from villain. However I do not mind the play because we are betting for thin value (as opposed to try to take it down as you said). I can see villain calling here with a lot of worse hands and if he raises we can fold.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

Flop: Why do we want to let an unknown, fishy player "bluff" us here without info on him? By default I'd assume fishy players are more passive so we can actually valuebet the flop.

As played your ck/call flop turn donk (smallish) may induce a lot of bluffs from villain. However I do not mind the play because we are betting for thin value (as opposed to try to take it down as you said). I can see villain calling here with a lot of worse hands and if he raises we can fold.
      I dont know whether he's fishy or not, but people tend to bet after I dont Cbet way too often.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

I dont know whether he's fishy or not, but people tend to bet after I dont Cbet way too often.
      This could be related to us being results oriented and only remembering when they bet.

If this is real then ck/calling get's better but why do we donk the turn?

And why can't we just play the hand "standard" vs unknown and bet/fold this flop? It's definitely a lot less guessing than ck/calling flop.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      vs this guy since his range is so wide here I don't mind x/c but leading turn is terrible if you think he is going to bluff. Also I think if flop goes x/x we might be able to bet turn and river and get called by like 99 or something. This is a 2 street value hand and in today's game we are rarely getting 3 streets from worse so I don't mind checking flop. Vs good regulars however I think it's better to cbet since they will own us ip if we check to them.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by serverm07
      vs this guy since his range is so wide here I don't mind x/c but leading turn is terrible if you think he is going to bluff. Also I think if flop goes x/x we might be able to bet turn and river and get called by like 99 or something. This is a 2 street value hand and in today's game we are rarely getting 3 streets from worse so I don't mind checking flop. Vs good regulars however I think it's better to cbet since they will own us ip if we check to them.
      +1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1