[NL2-NL10] KK, ch.r on flop

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2036242
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $5.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B: 5, AF: 1.4, Hands: 95
      BTN: $12.80 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 18, 3B: 3, AF: 3.4, Hands: 130bu open:30, cc:6
      SB: $14.47 - VPIP: 66, PFR: 12, 3B: 8, AF: 3.0, Hands: 265
      Hero (BB): $5.21 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2.0, Hands: 70506
      UTG: $7.63 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 11, 3B: 6, AF: 2.0, Hands: 246

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with K :spade: K :club:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.15, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.58, BTN calls $0.43

Flop: ($1.18) 5 :club: 6 :heart: 9 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.85, Hero raises to $3.48, BTN folds I expected him to bet ALL his range. Board is very draw-heavy, so ch.r is my line, faster way to get in money.
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: I don't mind the ck/raise here even if we can't expect him to bluff a lot because we know that he is very likely to bet his 1p hands. The ck/raise is a bit on the bigger side though because we do want to have villain make a mistake (either call or shove light). Making this big sends out one message: we have a hand.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

Flop: I don't mind the ck/raise here even if we can't expect him to bluff a lot because we know that he is very likely to bet his 1p hands. The ck/raise is a bit on the bigger side though because we do want to have villain make a mistake (either call or shove light). Making this big sends out one message: we have a hand.
      What would you prefer, ch.r to 2$? I mean, it's the same, I obviously not going to fold the hand. Maybe it even shows more strength, raising so little
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Hi Imimba,

What would you prefer, ch.r to 2$? I mean, it's the same, I obviously not going to fold the hand. Maybe it even shows more strength, raising so little
      Is it the same?

How would you treat a smaller raise versus the one you made? Would you be more inclined to call/reraise a smaller raise or a bigger one (on this board)?
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Is it the same?

How would you treat a smaller raise versus the one you made? Would you be more inclined to call/reraise a smaller raise or a bigger one (on this board)?
      +1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Hi Imimba,

+1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1