This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK, ch.r on flop

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2036242
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $5.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B: 5, AF: 1.4, Hands: 95
      BTN: $12.80 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 18, 3B: 3, AF: 3.4, Hands: 130bu open:30, cc:6
      SB: $14.47 - VPIP: 66, PFR: 12, 3B: 8, AF: 3.0, Hands: 265
      Hero (BB): $5.21 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2.0, Hands: 70506
      UTG: $7.63 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 11, 3B: 6, AF: 2.0, Hands: 246

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with K :spade: K :club:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.15, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.58, BTN calls $0.43

Flop: ($1.18) 5 :club: 6 :heart: 9 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.85, Hero raises to $3.48, BTN folds I expected him to bet ALL his range. Board is very draw-heavy, so ch.r is my line, faster way to get in money.
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: I don't mind the ck/raise here even if we can't expect him to bluff a lot because we know that he is very likely to bet his 1p hands. The ck/raise is a bit on the bigger side though because we do want to have villain make a mistake (either call or shove light). Making this big sends out one message: we have a hand.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

Flop: I don't mind the ck/raise here even if we can't expect him to bluff a lot because we know that he is very likely to bet his 1p hands. The ck/raise is a bit on the bigger side though because we do want to have villain make a mistake (either call or shove light). Making this big sends out one message: we have a hand.
      What would you prefer, ch.r to 2$? I mean, it's the same, I obviously not going to fold the hand. Maybe it even shows more strength, raising so little
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Hi Imimba,

What would you prefer, ch.r to 2$? I mean, it's the same, I obviously not going to fold the hand. Maybe it even shows more strength, raising so little
      Is it the same?

How would you treat a smaller raise versus the one you made? Would you be more inclined to call/reraise a smaller raise or a bigger one (on this board)?
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Is it the same?

How would you treat a smaller raise versus the one you made? Would you be more inclined to call/reraise a smaller raise or a bigger one (on this board)?
      +1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Hi Imimba,

+1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1