Hero (SB): $5.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2.0, Hands: 70506
      BB: $3.40 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 7, 3B: 8, AF: 2.0, Hands: 41
      UTG: $12.78 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 12, 3B: 2, AF: 4.3, Hands: 137
      MP: $3.05 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 3, 3B: 10, AF: 2.0, Hands: 32
      CO: $2.16 - VPIP: 42, PFR: 5, 3B: 2, AF: 2.4, Hands: 170
      BTN: $12.50 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 12, 3B: 5, AF: 2.0, Hands: 169

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with 7 :heart: 7 :diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.05, BTN raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.18, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.50) 8 :heart: 6 :club: 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.20) 2 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BTN calls $0.50 vs overcards mostly)

River: ($2.20) Q :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.48, BTN calls $0.48
  • 10 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: looks fine

Turn: so is our bet for thin value or bluff? I'd assume you are thinking it's thin value because overcards can call us.

Then on the river what's our bet for? Clearly he can't fold many better hands and rarely calls any worse.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

Turn: so is our bet for thin value or bluff? I'd assume you are thinking it's thin value because overcards can call us.

Then on the river what's our bet for? Clearly he can't fold many better hands and rarely calls any worse.
      Yeah, river bet is futile. On the turn I didnt want to give him a free card, hence the bet. I did not want to check, and let him check behind.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Hi Imimba,

Yeah, river bet is futile. On the turn I didnt want to give him a free card, hence the bet. I did not want to check, and let him check behind.
      So then you valuebet the turn versus his draws?

Are draws making up 50% of his range or even close to that for us to be able to valuebet?
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      What whould we do then? check/fold? Are there any better alternatives?

I know we cant bet for value, nor for bluff, but he still has equity! Should we just let him bluff us out, or give him another free card?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic

I know we cant bet for value, nor for bluff, but he still has equity! Should we just let him bluff us out, or give him another free card?
      If we want to collect the money in the pot and have him fold his equity in the pot (occasionally a better hand) we should bet larger and bet river larger as a bluff too.

However, a 14/12 will not have that many floats in his range. I doubt he calls you with a random AJo on the flop very often so ck/folding versus him isn't a disaster. Or do you have any reads on villain that he floats light?
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze

If we want to collect the money in the pot and have him fold his equity in the pot (occasionally a better hand) we should bet larger and bet river larger as a bluff too.

However, a 14/12 will not have that many floats in his range. I doubt he calls you with a random AJo on the flop very often so ck/folding versus him isn't a disaster. Or do you have any reads on villain that he floats light?
      you may have mistyped it, I donked OTT.
      He just isolates the fish preflop, so he has a wider range imo, not just overpairs. Overcards are going to chb if I check the turn, hence I bet thinly, so they could maybe even call. I expect no worse hand to raise.

What would you do, ch.c turn and river?
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      hi Imimba,

I don't really like our turn donk for value. It doesn't make much sense to me. If you check it to him, the chances are that he will barrel something weaker (here you go, same money goes into the pot). If he checks back, well, we don't have a royal flush here, do we? So it's not a tragedy. Big pots are for big hands.

I also don't like calling a bet and then donking straightaway on a blank deuce. Maybe it might have some purpose sometimes...I just don't see it here.

How to play instead? What is his c-betting habit? If he doesn't CB and barrel everything he flops, I'm check/folding that turn. I don't see a lot of weaker hands barreling here.

River: his range is full of queens. If you think you can make 99-JJ fold here, it's not the case with your bet sizing. If you feel like it's a bluff spot -- make it close to the pot. Again, I don't see why we want to bluff having some showdown value.

Otherwise, check/fold.

Best luck,

German
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic

you may have mistyped it, I donked OTT.
      He just isolates the fish preflop, so he has a wider range imo, not just overpairs. Overcards are going to chb if I check the turn, hence I bet thinly, so they could maybe even call. I expect no worse hand to raise.

What would you do, ch.c turn and river?
      Yes, that should read the turn.

The idea is that I doubt that villain will float you on the turn that light if he even cbets the flop with AJo for example.

He will call you with draws and some bigger overpairs that are afraid to raise so most of the time, the range that calls us crushes us.

Against a nit here, depending on how often he's been betting/c-betting, we can easily ck/fold the flop or ck/fold turn if he barrels.

What do you expect a nit to bet two streets into us with?
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      good question