BTN: 368 BB
      SB: 156.4 BB
      BB: 229.4 BB
      UTG: 104.7 BB
      Hero (MP): 458.4 BB
      CO: 115.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:heart: K:spade:

UTG raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 6 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG raises to 10 BB, Hero calls 4 BB

Flop: ($2.15, 2 players) Q:heart: K:diamond: J:diamond:
      UTG bets 15.3 BB, Hero calls 15.3 BB

Turn: ($5.21, 2 players) 5:spade:
      UTG bets 49.5 BB, Hero raises to 99 BB, UTG calls 29.9 BB and is all-in

River: ($21.09, 2 players) 2:spade:

Hero shows A:heart: K:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 74%, Flop 87%, Turn 95%)
      UTG mucks A:club: 9:diamond: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 26%, Flop 13%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 0 BB
      Hero wins 200.9 BB

Zero hands from villian. I dont like going all in with AK so I call IP, and maybe doesnt have AA sometimes. The board nearly worst I guess.
      When I look better, maybe is the best to fold already on flop? I think I only win against total bluff. But when I call flop, then call turn and river if blank comes? I go all in turn, because if they are better I will lose anyway, and maybe some bluff with gutshot call and hope to hit.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      Hey mlatasrb,

Preflop: Considering the min 4-bet villain has made his range is really polarized to nuts or weak hand. Calling or raise/go with hand I think are both fine. The problem with calling would be the fact that we rarely hit and play vs unknown. If we 5-bet and get it in it may be too light because again we know nothing.

As played we only beat bluffs and since we know nothing about villain can we really expect that? As we said his range is polarized preflop but pretty much all that range has hit the board well.

So our choice is simple. Either we go with the hand (and then we call flop/turn or raise flop) or we muck it on the flop. But if we fold on the flop why did we really call preflop?
    • mlatasrb
      "But if we fold on the flop why did we really call preflop"
      I think it is still ok to fold flop, because we expect some better board to continue playing. For example if A comes then we mostly have the best hand.
      Or if the board is K27 than we can continue.

But also, if somebody 4bets, what is the point of calling with AK? If we hit K, we lose against KK and AA the whole stack, and win small stack against TT, JJ, QQ. If A came, we lose whole stack against AA, and win small against TT, JJ, QQ, KK (if they dont hit set).
      So maybe AK is better push with normal stack size, if villian 4bets wide?
      And similary if he 3bets me?