Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.75)
      BB ($6.30)
      Hero ($5.01)
      CO ($9.25)
      BTN ($5)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: Q:spade:

Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.50, fold, Hero calls $0.35

FLOP ($1.05) 4:diamond: 3:heart: 5:heart:

SB bets $0.84, Hero folds

SB wins $0.98

Called in due to his 0/4 flop cb and his relative fit or fold style as far as i can tell. Plan was to fold to cb, or call maybe one on k or q then let it go.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: Looks like we are back to basing decisions on small samples. Yesterday you had asked me if I can recommend some things for you to work on. This would definitely be one aspect. Stop making decisions purely based on small samples that are not accurate.

The guy looks like a nit, he 3-bets us we should let the hand go. 17/9 over 300 hands is much more accurate than 0/4 cbet over 4 hands. Let's not forget that he may even slowplay or was unlucky enough to not hit the flops.

And even if he plays fit or fold his range is still stronger so we won't show a huge profit "stealing" pots from him. And when we hit we will donate even more money to him.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I also looked at his (really, not just making up after hand)
      wtsd 23%
      w$sd 78%
      Af 23%
      fold to cb 78%
      donkbet 3/7

From that i assumed he doesn't care much who was pfr, he folds when he misses and if he bets he is most likely better than me.

And his 3bet almost the same as his pfr ,most likely not bluffing plus the extra tell is his postflop not bluffing style, so he very loosely 3bets for value, with range like 88+,AJs+,KQs,AJo+,KQo.

You also said i shouldn't ignore information, i know 0/4 is not much but his other stats does seem to paint the picture

AQs+,KQs,AQo+,KQo 28%~ cbet , i could do this for his whole range but if the assumption is correct pre call should be easily valid, with the intention of bluffing
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I also looked at his (really, not just making up after hand)
      wtsd 23%
      w$sd 78%
      Af 23%
      fold to cb 78%
      donkbet 3/7

From that i assumed he doesn't care much who was pfr, he folds when he misses and if he bets he is most likely better than me.

And his 3bet almost the same as his pfr ,most likely not bluffing plus the extra tell is his postflop not bluffing style, so he very loosely 3bets for value, with range like 88+,AJs+,KQs,AJo+,KQo.

You also said i shouldn't ignore information, i know 0/4 is not much but his other stats does seem to paint the picture

AQs+,KQs,AQo+,KQo 28%~ cbet , i could do this for his whole range but if the assumption is correct pre call should be easily valid, with the intention of bluffing
      I personally still feel that this is not a very profitable spot. Calling 3-bet vs nit to try and steal pots from him (for the reasons I mentioned above).

Now your arguments are also valid but the sample for 3-bet pots is not big enough for us to know how he plays, if he always checks overcards or not (and overcards are the hands we want him to fold + some pairs).