fold, Hero raises to $0.10, SB raises to $0.45, fold, Hero calls $0.35

FLOP ($0.95) K:heart: 6:club: A:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.95) K:heart: 6:club: A:diamond: J:spade:

SB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.60, SB folds

Hero shows Q:club: T:spade:

Hero wins $2.01

His 3b against me was more like 100%

Decided to stab the pot on turn if he check it again, might be weak his range could have few ax.

Alternative is to raise turn on any card, i imagine he has quite a few bluffs or weak ax-s or kx-s that should seriously consider folding, against his weak range this should work alot.

Obviously once i have the nuts i could slowplay especially considering his river aggro which might be off in 3b pot, but while raise could seem bluffy call not so much.
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: It appears you may have been tilting here. Why are we defending junk like QTo? His overall 3-bet isn't huge and even though it may seem that he 3-bets a lot vs us what's our plan? Hit a Q or T and go broke?

You are much better off either folding or 4-bet bluffing this junk preflop.

As played I wouldn't raise the turn because, as you said, his range is very polarized. If he has the nuts the money goes in almost always anyway and if he has a bluff I want to give him a chance to bet again (on river).

Considering I've seen a lot of spew/light calls/plays from you when facing a 3-bet I'd recommend you set up a few filters in HM and see how much money you actually lose when calling 3-bets (or stacking off light).
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I was not tilting i believe, actually i don't consider that my presumably poor play comes from tilt, i want to ignore variance and make the best decisions and not letting poor luck make me play tight and always fearing they have the goods.

Btw i did as you suggested and it shows -11bi with ev of -8, 4bet looks similarly abysmal, aggressive 3/4 betting of 6max takes some getting used to, the joke is used to play nl25-50 6m year ago and i was doing ok coming with fr experience, i guess i could forget much in a year but i don't feel like i forgot anything, more just i am not used to the dynamic of the game. Can't help to shake the feeling i am not doing something i used to, from what i can tell i should tighten up a bit and make sure that i think about everything and not outstay my welcome, but against bluffy thinking guys with hands about me its pretty hard.

This guy possibly having stat about me decided that he is going to any2 3b me, and me having position on him should make qto legit, however its really the bottom of my range.

Originally thought about calling him with this range, with him having polarized 3bet stat should make these viable.
      22+,A9s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KJo+,QJo

Also consider that he is 3betting almost any2 so if we tighten up a lot he won't at all nor we steal any money.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I was not tilting i believe, actually i don't consider that my presumably poor play comes from tilt, i want to ignore variance and make the best decisions and not letting poor luck make me play tight and always fearing they have the goods.

Btw i did as you suggested and it shows -11bi with ev of -8, 4bet looks similarly abysmal, aggressive 3/4 betting of 6max takes some getting used to, the joke is used to play nl25-50 6m year ago and i was doing ok coming with fr experience, i guess i could forget much in a year but i don't feel like i forgot anything, more just i am not used to the dynamic of the game. Can't help to shake the feeling i am not doing something i used to, from what i can tell i should tighten up a bit and make sure that i think about everything and not outstay my welcome, but against bluffy thinking guys with hands about me its pretty hard.

This guy possibly having stat about me decided that he is going to any2 3b me, and me having position on him should make qto legit, however its really the bottom of my range.

Originally thought about calling him with this range, with him having polarized 3bet stat should make these viable.
      22+,A9s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KJo+,QJo

Also consider that he is 3betting almost any2 so if we tighten up a lot he won't at all nor we steal any money.
      If he would indeed 3-bet any two his 7% 3-bet stat would jump through the roof. I think you may be slightly results oriented and assumed this after he'd 3-bet you a few times in a row.

I would recommend tightening up in 3-bet pots as much as you can. Don't call junk that requires you to do a lot of guessing game postflop. Play as straight forward as you can in these spots until you get a better idea for villain's ranges.

Playing in re-raised pots with no initiative and a weak range is a sure way to lose money in the long run (and possibly tilt).

What happened 6 months ago that you stopped playing 25-50nl?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Actually over a year almost 1,5.

It was a combination of family disapproval, stress and that ftp stole my roll. I decided to get back in the game by beating every level by 10 bi, beat nl2 in 2 days but stuck on nl5 for about a month now. I don't care for gambling only in it for the money and the challenge, as i once discovered back then poker needs certain skills that are very valuable regardless and fun to learn.

Btw i am not selecting only the suckout hands :D , it is quite funny in a way and i lose almost all of flips too.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Actually over a year almost 1,5.

It was a combination of family disapproval, stress and that ftp stole my roll. I decided to get back in the game by beating every level by 10 bi, beat nl2 in 2 days but stuck on nl5 for about a month now. I don't care for gambling only in it for the money and the challenge, as i once discovered back then poker needs certain skills that are very valuable regardless and fun to learn.

Btw i am not selecting only the suckout hands :D , it is quite funny in a way and i lose almost all of flips too.
      Ah I misread your initial post. Games did change a bit in 1.5 years but you should be able to get back to where you were in a few months.

It's unfortunate when variance isn't on your side but at least you get to see how you react when it is bad and how you can improve for the future, and yes it can get worse, much worse.