[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh Jj

• patrez
      patrez
      Bronze
      Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $9.30 (93 bb)
      SB: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $10.55 (105.5 bb)
      CO: $14.14 (141.4 bb)
      BB: $13.38 (133.8 bb)VPIP: 17, PFR: 12, 3B: 8, CB3b Flop: 100, AF: 4,3, WTSD: 12, Hands: 212
      UTG: $10.55 (105.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J J
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.90

Flop: ($2.45) 4 2 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80

Turn: ($6.05) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $4.31, Hero ?
  • 7 replies
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hero confronts the fact that he will never see TT on the showdown, and this is really a stupid turn for the villain to bluff 2nd barrel with AK.

However, if by any chance Hero assumes the opponent to have AK here, his equity rockets and it's an easy call (I mean QQ+ and AK). Hero shouldn't be so optimistic though, imo :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Patrez,

Preflop: l don't like the call preflop to such a big reraise unless we know a bit more about the opponent. He seems to 3-bet a fair amount so far plus is aggressive (although a bit nitty).

As played, since he is aggressive, we may actually have bluffs there. His bet size is weird for a 3-bet pot and dry flop.

Do we know anything about him except the stats?
    • patrez
      patrez
      Bronze
      Hi,
      no, I don't know anything else. PF he raises 4x, but I like my hand and play it mainly for setmining.

F: He cbets every hand in 3bet spot.
      T: He bets so big and he is potcommited, and also deuce is not good card for bluff. So I am putting him on QQ+ :f_confused:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by patrez
      Hi,
      no, I don't know anything else. PF he raises 4x, but I like my hand and play it mainly for setmining.

F: He cbets every hand in 3bet spot.
      T: He bets so big and he is potcommited, and also deuce is not good card for bluff. So I am putting him on QQ+ :f_confused:
      When using the 20 rule (and even 15 rule) we can't call here just to set mine.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Aw. I just compared our registration dates and post counts. Apparently, I'm talking too much.

Bogdan, wouldn't he be a complete maniac if he was bluffing like that? If this is the case, patrez would definitely have "something except the stats" on him :) Deep personal hatred for example...or maybe a note, who knows.
    • patrez
      patrez
      Bronze
      Certainly it doesn't observe call 15 rule, but JJ is such a strong hand and I wont let it go preflop to 3bet and on the other hand I don't want to stack off preflop, because on this limit people don't stackoff light, so I decided to call and play it postflop in position. :s_biggrin:

@Th334 post count doesn't matter at all ;) I was not very active and I don't have blog, so all my posts are primarily in hand evulation forums. Thanks for your comments :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by patrez
      Certainly it doesn't observe call 15 rule, but JJ is such a strong hand and I wont let it go preflop to 3bet and on the other hand I don't want to stack off preflop, because on this limit people don't stackoff light, so I decided to call and play it postflop in position. :s_biggrin:

@Th334 post count doesn't matter at all ;) I was not very active and I don't have blog, so all my posts are primarily in hand evulation forums. Thanks for your comments :)
      Sure JJ is stronger but you said that you were calling to set mine. That implies that you will play mostly fit/fold postflop and thus, from a pure set mining point of view, you are making a -EV play.