BTN: 23.2 BB
      SB: 118.2 BB
      Hero (BB): 290.2 BB
      UTG: 254 BB
      MP: 125.9 BB
      CO: 214.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:heart: K:spade:

fold, MP raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 3.5 BB, Hero raises to 17 BB, fold, SB raises to 118.2 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 101.2 BB

Flop: ($24.04, 2 players) J:spade: 3:diamond: 4:diamond:

Turn: ($24.04, 2 players) 2:diamond:

River: ($24.04, 2 players) 6:club:

Hero shows A:heart: K:spade: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 69%, Flop 8%, Turn 0%)
      SB shows J:diamond: A:diamond: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 31%, Flop 92%, Turn 100%)
      SB wins 230.4 BB

Is it possible just call AKo preflop? I often call against one player, because I want weaker Ax to play agaisnt me, but multiway, I think it is bad to call, because more possible sets?
      Then what to do after they go all in? Sqeeze play looks often as bluff, and I notice the guy who open raises first, goes often all in even with TT. But never weaker Ax. And agaisnt any cards I have weaker hand, and mostly lose with AK.
      Especially against this guy who went all in, I have only 80 hands on him and he was 3betting 0/25 which doesnt tell me much.
      And I already invested a lot of money with my sqeeze, so I guess I have to call it?

Also I am not sure what to do when I get 3bet from other player, who 3bets e.g 6%.
      Should I call/fold/4bet. I usually 4bet/call AK, but mostly if they go all in they are better. The good thing here that he folds often to my 4bet.
      If I call I am OOP, if he doesnt have A or K, I hit 33% of time, and when I hit, I win small stack against weaker, and big against AA, KK. The best case if I call that he has weaker Ax and that we both hit A, but how often it happens.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think you played this hand fine here and I'd play it the same.
      Once SB shoves I really don't think he could even have a better hand, since he just flatter preflop, so I'd expect to see here PPs and worse Ax.

I personally do recommend stacking off with AK for 100bb most of the time, since:
      - we have fold equity
      - we can get called by worse from times to times.

Best,
      Plamen