This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK sqeeze against push

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 23.2 BB
      SB: 118.2 BB
      Hero (BB): 290.2 BB
      UTG: 254 BB
      MP: 125.9 BB
      CO: 214.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:heart: K:spade:

fold, MP raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 3.5 BB, Hero raises to 17 BB, fold, SB raises to 118.2 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 101.2 BB

Flop: ($24.04, 2 players) J:spade: 3:diamond: 4:diamond:

Turn: ($24.04, 2 players) 2:diamond:

River: ($24.04, 2 players) 6:club:

Hero shows A:heart: K:spade: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 69%, Flop 8%, Turn 0%)
      SB shows J:diamond: A:diamond: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 31%, Flop 92%, Turn 100%)
      SB wins 230.4 BB

Is it possible just call AKo preflop? I often call against one player, because I want weaker Ax to play agaisnt me, but multiway, I think it is bad to call, because more possible sets?
      Then what to do after they go all in? Sqeeze play looks often as bluff, and I notice the guy who open raises first, goes often all in even with TT. But never weaker Ax. And agaisnt any cards I have weaker hand, and mostly lose with AK.
      Especially against this guy who went all in, I have only 80 hands on him and he was 3betting 0/25 which doesnt tell me much.
      And I already invested a lot of money with my sqeeze, so I guess I have to call it?

Also I am not sure what to do when I get 3bet from other player, who 3bets e.g 6%.
      Should I call/fold/4bet. I usually 4bet/call AK, but mostly if they go all in they are better. The good thing here that he folds often to my 4bet.
      If I call I am OOP, if he doesnt have A or K, I hit 33% of time, and when I hit, I win small stack against weaker, and big against AA, KK. The best case if I call that he has weaker Ax and that we both hit A, but how often it happens.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think you played this hand fine here and I'd play it the same.
      Once SB shoves I really don't think he could even have a better hand, since he just flatter preflop, so I'd expect to see here PPs and worse Ax.

I personally do recommend stacking off with AK for 100bb most of the time, since:
      - we have fold equity
      - we can get called by worse from times to times.

Best,
      Plamen