This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] ATo against sqeeze

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Platinum
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 140.6 BB
      SB: 161.2 BB
      BB: 110.1 BB
      Hero (UTG): 213.8 BB
      MP: 477 BB
      CO: 105 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has T:spade: A:diamond:

Hero raises to 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to 13 BB, Hero raises to 27 BB, fold, BB calls 14 BB

Flop: ($5.75, 2 players) T:heart: A:heart: Q:spade:
      BB bets 83.1 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 83.1 BB

Turn: ($22.37, 2 players) 3:heart:

River: ($22.37, 2 players) A:spade:

BB shows Q:club: A:club: (Full House, Aces full of Queens) (Pre 75%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      Hero shows T:spade: A:diamond: (Full House, Aces full of Tens) (Pre 25%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      BB wins 213.7 BB

I 4bet because he sqeezes 6% of time, and folds often against 4bet. So my 4bet doesnt need to work so often to be profitable. I planned to check fold if he calls me.
      Then I hit 2 pairs, and he plays so strange. Why would he donk push with nuts If I was aggresor. I think most of players would check push or check call. So it looked to me as bluff and I called.
      I think he would push with AA, and maybe he calls JJ, QQ, KK, AK preflop. So I win against KK, JJ, AK, and lose against QQ. I didnt consider AQ here.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

First of all, I'd just fold ATo here preflop.
      I think 4betting here might be a better option if the situation was like this: we raise from CO, BU calls and he squeezes.
      In this case, we raise from UTG and have a caller from MP - us and MP both show that we have strong ranges so I don't expect him to be bluffing a lot, and also 6% isn't too much for squeezing.

As played, I think we have to call here on the flop. I do think like you, that if he had a good hand he'd check here and let us bet.

Best,
      Plamen