This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KQo 3bet from bu

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 113.4 BB
      SB: 87 BB
      BB: 111.5 BB
      UTG: 10.9 BB
      MP: 47.5 BB
      Hero (CO): 468.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has K:diamond: Q:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 7 BB

Flop: ($2.15, 2 players) 5:heart: 9:diamond: K:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 15.3 BB, Hero calls 15.3 BB

Turn: ($5.21, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 37.1 BB, Hero calls 37.1 BB

River: ($12.63, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

He 3bets 8% from bu, 800 hands. Usually I fold with KQ OOP, but his stats show that in 3bet pots he is playing always bet bet bet. So I call and plan to call down with Top pair. So, here I lose against AK and AA, is it enough to call down?
      Or KQ fold preflop no matter what OOP.
      How to defend the best against players who 3bet e.g 10%, but they dont fold to 4bet but call? I have often this situation. I really lose a lot if I fold most of my hands, and it is I think not profitable to call OOP with e.g. AJ or KQ, AQ. If I call with small pairs, I think it is even worse.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: If this guy doesn't fold to 4-bets I'd just muck this hand preflop. Why? because we rarely hit, we are dominated and forced to play for the full stack when we do hit a pair vs aggro guy.

PPs are actually better to call if you expect villain to barrel a lot because that means we actually have a lot more implied odds from hands that we don't normally expect to pay us.

So my preferred line here would be to 4-bet this guy as a bluff with two blockers. If he calls a lot of 4-bets than we can just fold because KQo won't flop much often.