This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ against sqeeze

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Platinum
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) FAST - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 112.5 BB
      SB: 102.4 BB
      BB: 107 BB
      Hero (UTG): 118.5 BB
      MP: 52.8 BB
      CO: 27 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has J:club: J:spade:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, SB raises to 15 BB, fold, Hero calls 12 BB, BTN calls 12 BB

Flop: ($4.60, 3 players) T:club: J:diamond: 9:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 21.8 BB, BTN calls 21.8 BB, SB calls 21.8 BB

Turn: ($11.14, 3 players) 9:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets 34 BB, BTN calls 34 BB, SB calls 34 BB

River: ($21.34, 3 players) 4:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 39 BB, fold, SB calls 31.6 BB and is all-in

Villian sqeeze 9%, 1.7K hands. VPiP 22, so I think he is reg.
      Is it better push preflop, or call? With push I win the pot directly, but he calls with better. So when he folds I win 2.2 $ and risk 10$. I expect him to call with QQ+ and AK.
      If I call he cbets flop 70%, turn and river 50%. So what is better preflop?

I bet 50% flop because I expect SB to push with QQ+ or even AK, and I think BU has more often TT, 99, 88, maybe JTs than KQ.
      They both call, so I guess they might be both on a draw, and turn is the best card for me. I bet so small turn because they would fold with draw if I go all in, and we have river to go all in where they are pot commited, and maybe they complete draws.
      Is it ok?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: why push? We can 4-bet like 30 BB and then call a shove.

Against QQ+, AK we have 36% equity and after the above 4-bet we'd need about 34% odds to call.

A lot of the profit comes from him folding preflop and when he shoves, in the worst case scenario, we are break even. However he may spew and shove a wider range because of our 4-bet.

As played it looks good (once PFR checks). Well played.