Mac Question...

• 6 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Mon3yMaChin3!

Nop it doesn't work. I'm not sure if table ninja works tbh, but I think it doesn't. HM1-2 don't work and some pokerrooms don't have mac software.

I have a macbook and I play on it every day though. Everyone says that one shouldn't instal parallels, but if you want to keep playing on a mac like you did on a windows I'm afraid you have to instal windows.

BUT everything is improving and one day everything (rooms and trackers) will have a proper mac software.

PT4 does work on mac though. So if you don't want to instal parallels you'll have to use PT and probably play on stars or party. There might be more rooms that work properly but I don't know about them right now. With

If you want to see how this all works don't hesitate to add me in community and I'll give you a demo!

Regards

RasTweet
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      PT4 does work on mac though. So if you don't want to instal parallels you'll have to use PT and probably play on stars or party. There might be more rooms that work properly but I don't know about them right now.
      RasTweet
      Last I checked PT4 is still not released for mac.

I too use a mac, and only a mac right now, without Boot Camp or Parallels. I can basically run PokerStars and FullTilt alongside my PokerTracker 3.

PokerTracker should be releasing PT4 very soon for mac (I hope!).
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PhoenixPhreak
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      PT4 does work on mac though. So if you don't want to instal parallels you'll have to use PT and probably play on stars or party. There might be more rooms that work properly but I don't know about them right now.
      RasTweet
      Last I checked PT4 is still not released for mac.

I too use a mac, and only a mac right now, without Boot Camp or Parallels. I can basically run PokerStars and FullTilt alongside my PokerTracker 3.

PokerTracker should be releasing PT4 very soon for mac (I hope!).
      Oh I'm very sorry you might be right about this! I was thinking PT3 and wrote PT4 :facepalm:

But yeah your setup should work just fine. But I can't play on FT because I'm from Belgium :facepalm: And I don't play on stars :pokerface:

My point just was if you want to have the same "freedom" as on a windows you should install windows :(
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      For sure.
      I'm still figuring out how best to either set up Windows with Boot Camp or to get Parallels.

I have a little bit random question, in case you know...
      Currently (as from my research) Windows 8 is only available as an upgrade from previous versions. This has a great price too. But I haven't found it anywhere for a new buyer. My wife has an old Dell Laptop with XP (I think). If I 'upgrade' her version to get a copy of Windows 8, can I then use this on my MacBook?

Thanks either way!
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      I reallly really really wouldn't know :( I'm very sorry.

I'm using XP on my MacBook because my GF had still had an XP license. Plus I only use it for poker so I don't need the latest OS. I just need one that works fast.

RasTweet
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey sir, hope you are having a good evening,

I think if you google "running windows8 on macbook" or smthing similar it will bring up some tech forums or Q&As where you might find the answer instantly :)

Good luck
      Carl