Dealt to Hero K:spade: J:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.90) K:club: 3:club: J:spade:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB calls $0.70, BB folds

TURN ($2.30) K:club: 3:club: J:spade: 9:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.64, SB raises to $3.28, Hero folds

SB wins $5.31

Villain is 72/18/1 113 hands.

Should I generally bet 2/3 on the turn when the draw hits to make sure he doesn't call with a hand with one :club: ?
      Or should I instead generally just check, and call if villains bet isn't too big?
      I really struggle in this spot.
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Chew,

Why would we want him to fol clubs on turn? What do we get value from then besides some Kx?

Our cbet on turn is for value vs draws and Kx.
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      Ok so you would bet turn? It just seems to happen so often that villain reraises turn in this spot and then I just have to fold. So it seems -ev.

Would you only bet 1/2 then on turn?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ChewbroCColi
      Ok so you would bet turn? It just seems to happen so often that villain reraises turn in this spot and then I just have to fold. So it seems -ev.

Would you only bet 1/2 then on turn?
      Do you think villain will bluff raise or raise worse on the turn?

We bet with the intention of getting called by worse and if he raises he almost always has the hand so we can thank him for telling us that he has it (As opposed to slowplaying and getting more money from us on river) and move on.

If you want and have time equilab what you think his range is (after the flop call) and see how it hit the turn. See what you beat vs what you lose to.
    • ghost2000
      ghost2000
      Basic
      BogdanPS....when villain C/R us on that kind of board i see him very strong here. Q10+ and all suited cards. I dont think anymore that 2 pair is good here. Villain wanna action conclusion on his bet size on turn.

PokerLab show that we are 84%/16% good here. That was surprise. :) So with that kind of fish we can stack off? :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ghost2000
      BogdanPS....when villain C/R us on that kind of board i see him very strong here. Q10+ and all suited cards. I dont think anymore that 2 pair is good here. Villain wanna action conclusion on his bet size on turn.

PokerLab show that we are 84%/16% good here. That was surprise. :) So with that kind of fish we can stack off? :)
      That seems a bit off. What range did you give him?
    • ghost2000
      ghost2000
      Basic
      I see that hand something like this. Villain is a big fish. That stats are overall but with stats high like that we can conclude that he dont aware of positions. He play all the cards.
      He put 5c in the pot already for SB so he call that 25c. If we bet 40c or 15c PFR is the same, he will call. Hope we agree with that. His overall stats are 72 VPIP so in SB we can conclude he has like 60. So very wide range preflop( ALL Ax, Kx, Qx, all Suited cards, conectors, PP... ).
      On FLOP he chech/call. I would bet 85c because flop is very wet. His range here for C/C is all suited Ax, Qx and offsuited Kx, J10,Q10, AQ, QQ, AA.
      On TURN he C/R when flush and straight completed. On TURN i would bet like 2$, because 1.64c is too small and he can think that we are not good and that we want to push him off the pot.

Here im missing some info like flop fold to Cbet, and C/R TURN. I dont know if he play FD and SD aggressive or passive. I dont know his aggression factor. So without that stats i dont know where i am.
      If i knew that he check the flop and then he show aggression when he hit flush or straight then that is easy fold. He can have NUTS or totaly AIR. Im lost on TURN like ChewbroCColi.

I played allot ( too much :D ) on that limit and when flushdraw and straigdraw completed and someone C/R me on TURN i was never good with 2 pairs. ( Baluga theorem ).