downswing

• Stevie8
      Stevie8
      Bronze
      I'm going through a tough downswing. Lots consecutive bad beats, lots of bad plays,... I don't know if I'm good enough but I feel like I play with my hole cards revealed. I used to beat this game, now I feel like I'm going down. Any advice ?
  • 4 replies
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      Play abc for a while.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Maybe step down a limit, or play fewer tables if your multitabeling and really focus on the game. Thats what I usually do if I question my game.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Stevie8!

A downswing can be a pain in the **** for sure! Just don't doubt your game and use this time to improve. This is the perfect time to plug those leaks.

And of course use all the other tips the peeps above me gave you!

Regards

RasTweet
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey Stevie.

First of all give us some numbers (poker players :heart: numbers) when you say you used to beat this game what limits was it and over how many hands? And over how many hands is your downswing at the moment?

If you are losing over a large number of hands, chances are that you aren't good enough at the minute, but knowing this is a good thing because it means you can change. You've beaten this before you can do it again just need to work a little harder for it. I would suggest reading the Q&A with Jared Tendler (link in my sig) and reading his and Barry Carters book The Mental Game of Poker" When you are tilting you start to make a lot more bad plays which leads to more losses which leads to more tilt etc and this of course is bad :D

Also check the productivity guide link in my sig read through that and you will not be disappointed.

After that you just gotta keep playing keep reading keep watching videos. Do you post hands for evaluation?? If not this should be at the top or at least near the top of your priority list so you can get leaks spotted in the way you play and the way you think for free by our judges and coaches.

Poker is the same as everything, the harder you work the more it will pay off so keep at it and start crushing again :)

Regards
      Carl