Strategy question

• shuggee
      shuggee
      Bronze
      Hi

I am new to this so can anyone clarify this point for me please.

The S'n'G games on Titan all seem to be for six players. The strategy taught here says it is for ten player games. Should i play from the start as if I am in the middle stage of a ten player game or should I just act as though it is a ten player game. I'm a bit confused.

Thanks
      shuggee
  • 7 replies
    • Nazzor
      Nazzor
      Bronze
      I play on Titan also, and it is incorrect that S'n'gs here are only for 6 players.
      You can find for 6, 10, 24, 30 and even 50.
      Atleast in 1$ + 0.20$ Buy-in.
    • shuggee
      shuggee
      Bronze
      Thanks for the response. I was looking in the wrong place. It didn't occur to me not to look in the beginners section.
      So far, I've played one and lost one. Must do better. I think I'll read the articles again

shuggee
    • Nazzor
      Nazzor
      Bronze
      That's the right attitude shuggee, just stay away from super turbo ones.
      You can't really play them with any strategy presented here on PokerStrategy, they're more lucky-based.

PS. what place you took ?

Kind regards,
      -Nazzor
    • shuggee
      shuggee
      Bronze
      Thanks for the tip. I've never been very lucky so I can't rely on that
    • shuggee
      shuggee
      Bronze
      I was fifth. I went all in with AKs and got beat by QQ
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      depending on stack sizes, player reads, etc etc, i notice it never pays to go all in preflop with AK/AQ, rather than pockets because with pockets you know you are at least a 52% favorite against AK AQ.

also a way i have started playing SnG's(after a bit of a downswing) has been to play supertight and wait for them to just kill each other. when its down to 4players and 100/200 blinds, i play tAG.
    • shuggee
      shuggee
      Bronze
      Thanks for that. I felt i had to go all in on that hand, however as I didn't have many chips. I have started playing tighter now and I've been third in a couple. Overall I'm down about $2 so I still have hopes of improving. WSOP bracelet here I come!!