24 Bi Downswing!

• pappascal
      Just finished a huge downsing on fast poker (party poker) of 24 buy ins in NL10 (240$).Aparently some of those ,I 'd say at least 8-10 was partly or full on TILT.
      I still have a strong urge to play but for the shake of my Bankroll (223,01$) I dont dare to continue.
      I was trying to find out what went wrong,so I'll post somethings about my recent poker activity cuse I need your thoughts on this matter.

1) I deposit on party poker 315$ with the pokerstrategy offer on November and started clearing my bonus on fast poker tables(NL4).
      Everything was going smooth ,some days 2-3 bi up, some days 2-3 bi down but in general my bankroll was increased day by day(for 39 days till now...)

2)Managed to clear 3 of the payments so far (94.5$)
      and when i hit 400$ I moved to NL10.

3)I used to play ONLY 1 fast poker table at a time(excpet from today when I was about 8 bi down I opened 3 more(max vol for fats poker,thank god)).

4)I havent used any HUD cuse HM2 which im fond of is available for the price of 99$ which im short right now to pay for.Also though that in a level like NL4 and NL10 HUD is not such an edge in winning cuse the majority of the players (fish and regs) are bad/medium players.So I cant post any graphs bout my play.All i can say is i was playing 6-8h/day 7d/week for the past 39 days ONLY 1 table.So if there is an average of 200hands/hour I played bout 1400hands/day bout 54600 hands in NL4&NL10.

I know that this downsing is 90% my fault and 10% variance but still dont have a clue on how to proceed from this point and on.

My thoughts are;

a) take a break about a week from playing poker

b) dont even study poker for 2-3 days

c) download HM2 trial for month and study how to use it on pokerstrategy videos.

d) dropdown to NL4 fast poker again and continuing to clear my PS27BACK bonus on party poker.

e) fix my mental game cuse at the monent is f*ck up.

Any Ideas on Bankroll managment, moving up limits(both on $ and hands),and fast poker vs ring games?

P.S.1. Almost forgot I play SHNL (6 max)
      P.S.2. Sorry for the long post and my broken english :P

Waiting for your thoughs.
  • 9 replies
    • franeczek
      You can't imagine how big the swing can be.
      Recently I had a swing when I end up loosing 40BI (almost 100BI below EV) in like 200k hands. Rigged? No it is the game.
      In our polish community we have a guy that is lifetime around 300BI below Ev (around milion hands or so played) and he plays nl fr games that suppose to have the smallest swing.
      The long run is way longer than you can even imagine and playin with like 30BI roll on fast forward 6-max is just suicidal. Don't rush, move down and play nl5 and don't move up till you have at least 500$,seriously.
    • zumpar
      exactly the same here, i build my BR from $10-$380 playing speed poker in about 100k hands, was about to start taking shots @ NL20 with 20BI's but just before that i had a disastorous 1 day, in which i dropped to $240 (about 14 BI's) playing purely NL10

you could say its not much, 14Bi downswing are not that uncommon, the thing is, i dropped it in like 4k hands..... i couldnt win a single hand for like hours, cold decks, coolers, suckouts, couldnt hit anything for ages, bluffs didnt work vs 5th pairs etc etc...

i logged in 2 days later, not tilted anymore, dropped like 3 more BI's in 107 hands...

confidence is somewhere below 0, tbh im even afraid to log in and start playing...

ill take a few days off, wont even think about poker, after that ill drop to NL5, get my confidence back and then ill probably move up..

GL to you !
    • MMPokerNab
      if party's fast NL10 is anything like ipoker's speed NL10 i'd strongly suggest a HUD. i didn't dare moving from sNL5 before getting it. but that might just be me. when you clear your bonus, maybe you could look into getting a HM2 via their promotion thingy. i got mine (pt4) in just a few days of mass playing NL4.

i also suggest moving down where you felt good and was winning a little.

hope you get a good rest first, though.
    • GraemeDR
      Take a couple of days off completely. Then spen 2-3 days reading good strategy articles online, a good poker book or magazine. Then go back online and play NL5.

The couple of days off will clear your head. Reading strategy gets you back to thinking like a winning player, and gets you out of whatever playing habits you've developed without realising over that past few sessions. Then moving down will give you a chance to build confident play again.

One thing to remember when you move down. Respect the level and the money you're playing with. "Haha NL5, I'll walk all over these players," or "what the hell my stack is only $5 I'll bluff here or shove their," you lose. Respect the level and the money and learn to beat it again.

Good luck
    • ii40747
      Play some HU super turbo 30$+ sng's! You'll feel better :)
    • NIVEKii
      I've played 50k hands on 10nl Zoom (so not 100% the same) and I'm currently 'beating' it at 0.35bb/100. It's just sick how many bi you can lose or win in 10 minutes time.

I do know quite some bi's were kind of spewed -the omg he can't have it again now can he syndrome- but it's still frustrating as hell. Handling 10-15bi swings doesn't affect me as much as I'd play normal tables. I guess I can see the longer run better when playing Zoom. Actually gathering VPPs and seeing it increase with 100+ each day is some motivator for me as well. Why I don't know, but it does.
    • cordaci
      Originally posted by pappascal .All i can say is i was playing 6-8h/day 7d/week for the past 39 days ONLY 1 table.
      waw, this is fucked up, don`t you get bored ?
    • elchipriota
      Originally posted by cordaci
      Originally posted by pappascal .All i can say is i was playing 6-8h/day 7d/week for the past 39 days ONLY 1 table.
      waw, this is fucked up, don`t you get bored ?
      I can see your point with no HUD on and stuff but you could go to two tables after some time. Is not really that different.

I am also on a downswing of 17BI and I felt like I was playing terribly today. I also have a bit of tilt happening.

Not giving up yet though ;)
    • Erevos
      Originally posted by ii40747
      Play some HU super turbo 30$+ sng's! You'll feel better :)
      Duuuuuude this is as sick as poker can be. lol, can drive you crazy! :P

@OP: get hem2 and start reviewing hands. You don't even know how bad your play may be.