help with some numbers

• bumtzibumtzi
      bumtzibumtzi
      Bronze
      Can someone tell me what's the usual ROI for 90 man 3.3$ ko sng's?

I play the 90 man 3.3$ KO sng on FT ,mixed with 3-5$ mtt's(max 3-4/day) = about 15/day. So i play ~300 games/month
      I used to belive it's better to play for max value,big ROI(i like to see the tables actions and players game),instead of big volume with smaller ROI.
      Still not sure what's the perfect balance.

In the downswings when i'm not winning anithing for some time i tilt fast and that period seems to last forever

A bigger volume would be ideal,but i'm not used to the idea to play 40BI/day with 260$ bankroll.
  • 4 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey bumtzibumtzi,

I've moved your thread to the relevant board :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      I would play lower stakes. You don't have roll for current limit.
      And I would play more tables. You could run 1000 with break even so volume is key element.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hey bumtzibumtzi,

and welcome to the tournament strategy board.
      I would be happy to see you around as a regular poster in the future. I am always willing to help you out if you have any questions regarding tournaments.

First of all I would recommend playing lower stakes. For the 3,3$ 90 men turbo KO's on Fulltiltpoker I would recommend a bankroll of at least 660$. The more the better. The variance is way to high to play them with less then 100 Buyins. For normal MTT's with a much higher number of players I would recommend at least 350 average Buyins.

Having 260$ I would recommend playing the 2.25$ 27men turbo's as well as tournaments with a maximum of 1$ Buyin.

You should always try to focus on sample size. The more you play the more you win. That being said, I would recommend multitabling up to the maximum that you can manage without making too many mistakes. Your ROI might decrease, but at the same time your hourly (money earned per hour) will increase significantly.

Downswings of 100 or even 200 buyins are nothing special and you will encounter these from time to time. Therefore you should be able to buffer them with a conservative BRM. The more you play the faster you will get out of a downswing.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask!

Regards,
      Asaban
    • byxl
      byxl
      Bronze
      I usually play with 100 buyins- which means 100$ for 1$ tourny, 200$ for 2$, 500$ 5$, and rarely I played 10$ buy ins on a regular basis. I have no desire to have poker as my main source of income, since I acually love my day job and wouldn't quit it even if I was to, say... win WSOP main event. When I get to 1100$ I simply cash out 1000 and start building my bankroll again, buying something for my wife and daughter with my winnings (or spend it on vacation). I don't feel I'm good enough to handle higher limits as a see myself not playing my game at 50$+ buyins (which I didn't even pay for, but won bunch of tickets through freeroll event at Pstars -WBCOOP couple of years ago). If you want to play poker like I do (in that or similar state of mind where going bust - it never happened to me bthw -doesn't hurt you emotionaly or certainly finansialy) i suggest you play for 100 buyins bankroll and maybe 60 buyins for sng, but if you want to climb up the stakes and aspire for something more I suggest you play at least with 150+ buyins bankroll for mtt' and 100 for sng's. My worst downswing was 43 buyins and it ended last night with five final tables at mtt's and sng's out of 7 tournies I played (two were 45 and 27 person sng and the rest were mtt's (27 sng I actually didnt cashed in) getting my bankroll to 211€ from 37€ (I played two 10€ buyin tournies which I do not calculate as a part of the above mentioned variance). My all ins as favorite held most of the time, won 3 out of 4 coinflips plus I got some amazing runner runner streaks (one is actually available on the forum posted last night in this section) and manage to save myself from going bust (which again I stress wouldn't hurt me). I did however expected to be forced to buy some chips, which I never did before (first cash I earned on poker was from freeroll on FTP five years ago and playing with the same money ever since, just transfering it from one site to another- mainly to Pstars). If last night didn't happened I would probably be busted even though I do genuinly crush these microstakes. To be on a safe side 150 buyins for mtt is minimum and 200 preferable. If you are busted with 200 buyins, than there is something wrong with your game and it is not a question of variance or downswing.